New To MFP and loving it so far!

Options
Hello,

I am a mother of 4 kids 12 and under! I have recently started working out and I lost 9lbs in 9 days. My big goal is 49lbs. I have been yo-yoing with my weight for a couple of years but I am extremely deterimined this time around! I even bought a pair of jeans that are size 8!! I have them hanging were I will see them everyday! I can't wait!!

Replies

• leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options
    wow..9 lbs in 9 days..what's your secret ? i am always looking for more friends and motivation, so feel free to add me..best of luck
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options
    p.s..i hardly remember what a size 8 feels like ;)
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    :happy: Wow!! you are doing great, feel free to add me as a friend.
    Looks like you are on the right track.
  • velix
    velix Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Welcome and congrats on your success so far!

I always worked out, but never really watched my food. Realizing that the missing key was calorie intake and nutrition, my daughter introduced me to this site. I have never stuck with logging anything this long before (hit 100 days today!) and I have to say - it has been a godsend. The community is fabulous and the hive-mind is great when you have a question on just about everything. I never thought I "needed" a support network until I found MFP.

Enjoy the site, the community and your journey to a healthier you!
  • noo65
    noo65 Posts: 2
    Options
    Thats amazing!! and 9lbs in 9 days - i wish!! I too have a pair of ''skinny'' jeans hanging in my room to motivate me every day.. glad i'm not the only one lol.. I need to lose about the same as you ! Good Luck and hope you reach your goal!!
  • lesleed
    lesleed Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! I am fairly new to MFP also, and I also have 4 kids. They are 8, 7, 2, 7mo. It sure doesn't leave a lot of time for taking care of myself. I have about 40 lbs I want to lose. I'm hoping to set a good example for my kiddos. Good luck to you!!!
  • SheliaN1960
    SheliaN1960 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome! That is great but try not to get those numbers up! If it comes off to fast with the amount that you would like to lose it could keep your skin from retracting! Also, lots of water. I have almost the same amount of weight to lose and I am so proud of you!! You are so in the right place. The peeps here are wonderful!! More support and inspiration that you could ever dream of!!! Best of wishes to you and the jeans in sight is a great idea!