Motivational Rewards for Goals?

Options
I just had an epiphany. I love the fact of have a motivational rewards during your weight loss journey. Then I thought, why not have rewards when you are maintaining. That is when I find it hardest. I am terrible at keeping the weight off long term. I am just kicking myself that I have to start over YET AGAIN! I think it might be good for me to have a reward myself for staying in a 5lb range for X number of months..something like that.

What kinds of rewards do you give yourself for motivation?

Replies

• nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    New Clothes! That's a no-brainer for me! Either that or art supplies :)
  • WifeMomDVM
    WifeMomDVM Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    Well I am still in the losing phase - but love the idea of maintenance rewards (who doesn't like a good reward??)

Right now all of my rewards are spa based -because I love to go - but I have to EARN it since it is a pricey treat. Right now I am rewarding myself with a massage for each 10 lbs that I lose. It keeps me motivated to keep going and looking forward to the next massage. I'm 2 lbs away from reaching my first one!

Hubby may make me redo the goal to 15 lb increments if I lose to quickly! :laugh:
  • audjrey
    audjrey Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I've never had a lot of weight to lose (always the same last 10 pounds) and think I'm forever in the maintenance phase (lol!)

However, that said, I usually treat myself once a week to a taboo food choice (my choice is coffee with about 2 tbsp french vanilla cappuchino flavoring - none of which has any food value, which is why I call it taboo junk food).

For the most part, however, I'm always on the look out for new exercise videos or pieces of equipment - things that help keep me focused on my intention in spite of the little to no change in progress.