30 day shred restart?

jgoff3003
jgoff3003 Posts: 189 Member
edited September 24 in Fitness and Exercise
Hey Guys, Need some advice, haven't exercised for a week due to illness and v day celebrations,

I was due to commence level 2 of the 30 day shred after successfully doing 10 days at level one but I am thinking I should just continue on level one to the end of feb and then start the 30 day shred again on the 1st of march that way day 30 is my Birthday.

Or the other options is continue with level two now after having a week off and finishing 10 days later than originally planned or the final option is start with level one now and just doing 30 days from today

What do you you guys think? HELP!

Replies

• Ding724
    Ding724 Posts: 791 Member
    I'd say maybe do level 1 for a few days till' you're back in the groove & then move on to level 2 when you're ready...you don't have to spend 10 days on each one :happy: You know your limitations so just take it 1 day at a time!
  • jamie78
    jamie78 Posts: 514 Member
    Thats what I would do I would just pick back up where you left off.
  • WifeMomDVM
    WifeMomDVM Posts: 1,025 Member
    I am sure I will be unpopular for posting/thinking this - but you don't HAVE to do each level for 10 days all back to back to back. I know most people like to do it this way - and if you do - that's great.

Now, with that being said - I do my 30 day shred about 3-5 days a week (yep - it's my first time through it). I did Level 1 five times before moving on to Level 2. I'm about to do my second go round with level 2 this evening.

My point is... do what works for you. Just doing SOMETHING is better than nothing. I have found that 30 DS works best for me if I use it as a supplement to my other exercises (elliptical, walking, strength training on the bowflex).

If I had to listen to Jillian everyday I'd be so super sore and I would lose my motivation. :sad: Bottom line... listen to your body and do what's best for you.

Again - no offense to those hardcore 30 Day Shredders out there who do it 10 days at each level 30 days in a row - you guys rock - it's just not for me!

PS - I lost 2.5 lbs my first week integrating 30 DS in my exercise routines and 1/2" off each thigh, 1" off hips and 2.5" off waist in 2 weeks. So she does give you results! Probably more so if you do it every day, but I'm happy going the tortoise's pace. :bigsmile:
  • HMKan
    HMKan Posts: 472 Member
    I'd go back and do a few days and when you feel it's not challenging, move on. You don't want to throw yourself in the deep end, why not ease into for a workout or 2?

Also, we have a thread called 30 Day Shred Motivation Thread you're welcome to join if you're interested.

Happy Shredding!
  • jgoff3003
    jgoff3003 Posts: 189 Member
    Thanks guys, I might just do level one tomorrow and see how I feel as I am still a little bit sick, I was really happy with my first 10 days I lost 2.5 inches off my waist area so I was estastic with that. I will think about it a bit more today and decide I have the next two days off so might do double level 1 work outs and get back on track, I usually do the 'cardio party' of zumba (46 minutes) 5 days a week the 30 day shred work out and then on the weekend i just to the shred.
This discussion has been closed.