Accelerate Weight Loss

Options
This might be a taboo question, but does anyone use a supplement to accelerate weight loss?

Replies

• AmeMahoney
    Options
    Vitamins and protein powders, and Jack3d that's it. If you're talking those "calorie burners" or "metabolism boosters" don't waste your money. None of them work, and some of the are harmful. Most are just caffeine is some for or other. Some have laxative-type effects, and you really don't want to go there.

I don't take Jack3d every day, but it has a lot of caffeine in it. It gives better results - no jitters or anything. Plus, it's not supposed to be a "fat burner" or a diet pill. It's actually just to rev you up to get your through heavy workouts and heavy lifting. I turned a few of my heavy lifting body builder friends onto it, but we still don't take it every day. If you were looking at anything, I'd say look at that. I got mine at GNC in the US. Otherwise, you can try protein powder after your workouts. Many people like casein, but many people also have intestinal issues on that. I tend to stick to Whey or Sun Warrior Vegan. Body building websites are really good for talking about supplements. But not Diet Pills - those things suck.
  • kevanos
    kevanos Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    no pain, no gain. Do it the long and hard way.

I think a mix of ephedrine/cafein/acetametaphein had some proven results for weight loss when mixed with exercise but its hard on the heart. Ephedrine is what they make meth out of and is illegal in the US now. You can buy it in canada at supplement stores tho. I`ve used some before hockey games and its like taking 3 or 4 red bulls, it acts as a central nervous system stimulant, kind of intense tho. They sold the mix i mentioned earlier as a weight loss pill for a while until it got banned.

Bodybuilders use it to get past plateaus.

But don't take the advice of some guy on the internet. Do your research and be careful, you could probably hurt yourself.
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    the easiest way to accerlate weight loss is to eat every 2-3 hours, meals/snacks consisting of protein and carb, not packaged or processed carbs.
  • jammyone
    Options
    the easiest way to accerlate weight loss is to eat every 2-3 hours, meals/snacks consisting of protein and carb, not packaged or processed carbs.

I guess this works differently for everyone. I eat pretty primitively - 4 meals a day each being high in fat, moderate protein and not very many carbs.