Brownies (Gluten & Dairy FREE!)

Options
dendra7
dendra7 Posts: 113 Member
Brownies (gluten free)

2 cups Hershey's Special Dark Chocolate Chips
3/4 cup Palm sugar (or other sugars...)
1, 15 oz. can of black beans (strain out the juices)
3 whole eggs
1 tspn. Vanilla

Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Melt chocolate chips in a double boiler over medium to medium high heat.
Run black beans through a food processor until all are grainy consistency ( or a bit pasty)
Spray inside of a square or rectangle baking pan with coconut oil spray.

Whisk (i used a fork) together all of the ingredients. Make sure you don't have any whole beans in there (they freak people out!) Bake 25-30 minutes.

Serve with coconut ice cream, top with fruit or nuts...yum yum yum!!

I'm a dork - these are gluten free- (as long as Hershey's isn't lying) but after a bit of digging...well....they are not (sniff) dairy free)..... :cry: Ingredients: Sugar, Chocolate, Cocoa Butter, Cocoa (Processed with Alkali) Milk Fat, Lactose (Milk), Soy Lecithin, PGPR (Emulsifier), Vanillin, Artificial Flavor.

Perhaps a better label would have been Brownie Alternative! LOL

Still High in Fiber & Protein....Enjoy!!! Happy Valentine's Day Everyone.

Replies

• Jaedynmoon
    Jaedynmoon Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I love you for this lol! I'm dairy free and I don't know the last time I had a brownie...even something healthy that's a sweet for that matter. Definitely willing to try these out! Thank you!
  • mirna_ayala0428
    mirna_ayala0428 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Kirstie_C26
    Kirstie_C26 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    bump :)
  • aimibean
    aimibean Posts: 243
    Options
    Sounds strange... but yummy!
  • DawnMarie1970
    DawnMarie1970 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    I love you for this lol! I'm dairy free and I don't know the last time I had a brownie...even something healthy that's a sweet for that matter. Definitely willing to try these out! Thank you!

Have you looked on vegan sites for things like this? Fatfreevegan.com has one!!! Healthy and dairy free girlfriend!

Fabulous Fudgy Brownies

1/2 tbsp. ground flax seed
    1-1/2 tbsp. hot water
    3/4 cup lite silken tofu (firm), crumbled
    1/2 cup water
    1/2 cup pure maple syrup
    1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
    2 teaspoons vanilla extract
    1/2 cup whole wheat flour
    3/4 cup unbleached white flour or cake flour
    1 cup unbleached cane sugar
    1/4 teaspoon baking powder
    1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
    1/4 teaspoon salt

1/4 to 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional–depending on how nutty you like your brownies)

Mix the ground flax seeds with 1- 1/2 tablespoons of hot water and set aside. (Mixture will thicken slightly.)

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Mist an 8-inch x 8-inch x 2-inch glass baking pan with non-stick cooking spray and set it aside.

Blend the tofu, water, maple syrup, cocoa powder, flax mixture, and vanilla extract until completely smooth. (I use a hand-blender, but you can do this in a regular blender.)

Place the remaining ingredients, except the walnuts, in a medium mixing bowl and stir them together until they are well combined. Pour the blended mixture into the dry ingredients in the mixing bowl, and stir them until they are well combined. Fold in the walnuts, if using.

Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan. Bake on the center rack of the oven for 30 minutes, or until a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean. Completely cool the brownies in the pan. Cut and serve.

These are fudgy, not cake-like, brownies, and they’re actually better the second day…if you can make them last two days! This is really as fudgy as it gets without added oils or chocolate chips, so you can indulge your sweet tooth without worry.

The nutritional breakdown, based on 12 brownies:

Nutrition (per serving without walnuts): 163 calories, 9 calories from fat, 1g total fat, 0mg cholesterol, 75.4mg sodium, 124.5mg potassium, 37.7g carbohydrates, 2.2g fiber, 24.9g sugar, 3.3g protein, 2.9 points.

Nutrition (per serving, with walnuts): 179 calories, 22 calories from fat, 2.6g total fat, 0mg cholesterol, 75.5mg sodium, 135.2mg potassium, 38g carbohydrates, 2.3g fiber, 25g sugar, 3.7g protein, 3.3 points.
  • msbanana
    msbanana Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • Jaedynmoon
    Jaedynmoon Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Sweet!! Thank you!! I look on vegan sites quite often but I always get so into all the recipes I never make it to any desserts lol!! Thank you so much!!

Have you looked on vegan sites for things like this? Fatfreevegan.com has one!!! Healthy and dairy free girlfriend!

Fabulous Fudgy Brownies

1-1/2 tbsp. hot water
    1/2 cup water
    1/2 cup pure maple syrup
    1/4 teaspoon salt

1/4 to 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional–depending on how nutty you like your brownies)

Mix the ground flax seeds with 1- 1/2 tablespoons of hot water and set aside. (Mixture will thicken slightly.)

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Mist an 8-inch x 8-inch x 2-inch glass baking pan with non-stick cooking spray and set it aside.

Blend the tofu, water, maple syrup, cocoa powder, flax mixture, and vanilla extract until completely smooth. (I use a hand-blender, but you can do this in a regular blender.)

Place the remaining ingredients, except the walnuts, in a medium mixing bowl and stir them together until they are well combined. Pour the blended mixture into the dry ingredients in the mixing bowl, and stir them until they are well combined. Fold in the walnuts, if using.

Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan. Bake on the center rack of the oven for 30 minutes, or until a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean. Completely cool the brownies in the pan. Cut and serve.

These are fudgy, not cake-like, brownies, and they’re actually better the second day…if you can make them last two days! This is really as fudgy as it gets without added oils or chocolate chips, so you can indulge your sweet tooth without worry.

Nutrition (per serving without walnuts): 163 calories, 9 calories from fat, 1g total fat, 0mg cholesterol, 75.4mg sodium, 124.5mg potassium, 37.7g carbohydrates, 2.2g fiber, 24.9g sugar, 3.3g protein, 2.9 points.

Nutrition (per serving, with walnuts): 179 calories, 22 calories from fat, 2.6g total fat, 0mg cholesterol, 75.5mg sodium, 135.2mg potassium, 38g carbohydrates, 2.3g fiber, 25g sugar, 3.7g protein, 3.3 points.
  • cjnorman
    Options
    But not gluten free :( or soy free :(

Sweet!! Thank you!! I look on vegan sites quite often but I always get so into all the recipes I never make it to any desserts lol!! Thank you so much!!

Fabulous Fudgy Brownies

1-1/2 tbsp. hot water
    1/2 cup water
    1/2 cup pure maple syrup
    1/4 teaspoon salt

• iian76
    iian76 Posts: 10
    Options
    Sounds great given it is difficult to find things that are both gluten-free and dairy-free. To complicate matters further, any suggestions on replacing the beans as I am not supposed to eat them either.

Thanks for the recipe.

:-)
  • sarahliftsUP
    sarahliftsUP Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    yum!!
  • JayAlexander
    JayAlexander Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I have another black bean brownie recipe to share:

http://allrecipes.com//Recipe/black-bean-brownies/Detail.aspx

Haven't tried it yet, maybe this weekend!
  • dendra7
    Options
    Brownies (gluten free & dairy free)

2 cups Enjoy Life Semi -Sweet Chocolate Mini-Chips
    3 whole eggs
    1 tspn. Vanilla

Run black beans through a food processor until all are grainy consistency ( or a bit pasty)

Whisk (i used a fork) together all of the ingredients. Make sure you don't have any whole beans in there (they freak people out!) Bake 25-30 minutes.

Serve with coconut ice cream, top with fruit or nuts...yum yum yum!!

Updated with the new awesome dairy, soy, nut, & gluten free mini-chocolate chips I found today!!! Hurrah.
  • dendra7
    Options
    I hear you can substitute nut flours in those recipes but I haven't experimented enough to tell you how to get the beans out too! :)
  • kje2011
    kje2011 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    bump,
    thanks for the recipe
  • hamncheese67
    hamncheese67 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    Brownies (gluten free)

2 cups Hershey's Special Dark Chocolate Chips
    3 whole eggs
    1 tspn. Vanilla

I made something similar just last night. Instead of the chocolate chips, I used 1/2 cup cocoa powder (Hershey's Special Dark) and a banana, and used agave nectar as the sweetner, plus a half teaspoon of baking powder. All the ingredients were blended. It was an experiment since I wasn't going off any set recipe. Next time, I'm going to up the baking powder a full teaspoon, and add an extra banana. Moisture and texture was still good but I needed a little more sweetner or cut back a bit on the cocoa powder. Couldn't tell that I used black beans. Anyway, that cuts out the dairy. Next time, I might try using some stevia extract I have as sweetner over the agave to cut down the calories and sugar. (My son liked the look and texture, and ate it half way unitl he realized it wasn't sweet enough for him.)