Going on Vacation

Options
Next week I'm going for a week long vacation in Cape Cod and we're bringing much of our food. Does anyone know of any non-perishable foods that aren't carbohydrates? I feel like when I travel that's all I eat.

Replies

• Courtney
    Courtney Posts: 20
    Options
    Next week I'm going for a week long vacation in Cape Cod and we're bringing much of our food. Does anyone know of any non-perishable foods that aren't carbohydrates? I feel like when I travel that's all I eat.
  • damselfly25
    Options
    dried fruits (although fruits in general have pretty good shelf life)...hmmm...beyond that I'm a bit stumped..
  • Melroxsox
    Melroxsox Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    lol I feel the same way about vacationing and only having carbs to eat...but yea....I agree w/ dried fruits and maybe some beef jerky.....ummm...other than that you could maybe keep some string cheese in a cooler...lol Good luck:)
  • BlackBeltLJ
    BlackBeltLJ Posts: 190
    Options
    Fruit is always a a good carb- remember that moderation is the key. I am packing for a month- I have my protein powders, I am off to buy my 90 calorie rice cakes and other good snacks. A small cooler can hold enough healthy snacks for the day and you can replenish with regional fruits and veggies on arrival. and Water, water, water, water:drinker:
  • Katy009
    Katy009 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    hmmmm.....not carbs......canned tuna or any other type of canned fish (i.e., sardines, salmon, shrimp, etc.)

If you buy some little cans of mixed veges and mix them together, it's pretty good. Low cals and lots of protein.

I like to mix sardines with mustard and eat them on whole wheat crackers.