Want to eat!

Options
Have been on my diet for a month now and so far things going really well - lost 9lbs and so far it has been super easy to follow. I even went to a party at the weekend where I managed to refrain from eating anything at the buffer - not even a little taste which is a first for me!

Anyway the problem today is that I know I am not hungry, I have eaten my daily allowance and I know that I am full but I REALLY want to eat. I only have healthy stuff in the house so luckily nothing is tempting me but I feel like I want to be really bad - like pizza or say a nice sandwich - basically carbs! I know that I have nothing that will satisfy that craving so I guess I am gonna be alright but I just cant stop thinking about it and not sure how to combat the situation. Have done some exercise and drank water but appear to still be obsessed by the idea of eating rubbish! So basically my question is what do you do to deal with this issue?

I think that the fact my boyfriend is not around tonight and that I have to stay up writing an assignment (where I would usually pick at stuff) is the reason for this but argh its so annoying!!!

Replies

• jammyone
    Options
    Why don't you eat something healthy? Apple? Orange?
  • Victorious_One
    Victorious_One Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Hi there!

Are you getting enough carbs in your diet throughout the day? How about protein--are you getting enough protein grams throughout the day? Having a proper balance of those two will help you with cravings and with hunger.

Do you have a plan for free or off days? It's hard to stay 100% on program all the time. If you make time to have that slice of pizza or some of that tasty sandwich, it makes them feel less "forbidden" and thus less attractive after you've eaten your calories for the day.
  • serendipity_2050
    Options
    omg, I know exactly where you are coming from....I cannot stop eating today!!! I have gone well over my calories today and have gone over (by varying amounts!!) over the last few weeks and am struggling to rein it in. I am emotional eater and find it hard to have a bad day and not reach for the chocolate. I have taken myself to bed to stop myself eating the ice cream (low fat, 94 cals but still!!) that I know is in the freezer.

I have looked back over my food diary and I have had chocolate everyday since I started my 'diet', sometimes a small square, sometimes a low cal bar, but always something.
  • cerrydwyn
    Options
    Right or wrong I try to have a "free" day everyweek where I have one Meal or so where i basically just ignore my rules. A huge slice of pizza or something. It helps for the rest of the week when im good. Kind of a reward I guess..makes it so much easier the rest of the week..If i start craving i just tell myself to wait till Saterday and ill have whatever it is im craving. Im not sure how much i should um recommend this to others. But for myself If i didnt do this i know i would be dooming myself to failure. Because as you said..there are times when you "just want to eat" and once in a while i need to be able to do just that..or else I will lose the will to stay on course the rest of the time. I feel for ya!
  • Heatherhill
    Heatherhill Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    This might sound silly, but it has been proven to be true. If you eat a meal with a glass of water, you will get hungry faster than if you take the same meal and the glass of water and blend it. Honestly, you stay full for longer. I've see this on a BBC documentary series on diets/eating habits of Britain shown by the BBC (late 2009? I think).

Also..celery. Yes it tastes like plants, but its one of the only foods with an actual net negative calorie output. Chewing gum, or even brushing your teeth can also help. however as stated previously, make sure that you are getting enough carbs and protein, as well as calories. I find the little 100cal packs of crackers, or granola bars are really good for fine tuning your leftover carbs and protein near the end of the day, that or a nice large bowl of porridge! Sprinkle cinnamon or any spice you like in it to give it some flavour without the calories of other sweets ;)

Hope this helps! Keep at it and good luck!
  • Sminat09
    Options
    Am glad you see where I am coming from - I guess it is more of an emotional response rather than physical. Hence why I feel that fruit will just not solve it because its not the hunger I am trying to stop, in a way I wish i was hungry as would be easier to solve. Usually i would just take myself to bed but I have tons of work to finish for uni and generally my companion for this is red bull and carbs but tonight am kinda having to go cold turkey. The work is unavoidable so i guess i just deal with it!!