eating exercise calories???

Options
my daily calorie goal is 1200...if i exercise mfp adds those calories back in. my question is...should i be eating those calories? is it hindering my weight loss efforts to have a net calories below 1200 in a day? any help would be appreciated!!

Replies

• Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    There are a million posts about this if you search for "exercise calories" - here's an excellent explanation/overview of the issue that was posted earlier today. I recommend this one because it's written in very easy-to-understand terminology.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/173853-an-objective-look-at-eating-exercise-calories
  • MaryDreamer
    Options
    Thanks Accountant!
  • jackieelizabeth
    jackieelizabeth Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    ive been wondering the same thing since i exercise pretty reguraly but if i had to guess id say for it :) the whole calories in calories out thing.. its factoring in your BMR (not ur BMI.. check tools to figure yours out!) it explains it as the amount of calories your body burns daily just to keep you alive and carry out daily functions... cool huh?!... anyway because of all this i think those calories youve earned are yours for the eating! enjoy :)

hope i helped!
  • ramila12
    ramila12 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hello
  • ramila12
    ramila12 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hello I'm new to mfp but in a week lost 3.5 pounds really loving it..
  • thisis4me
    thisis4me Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Great info in the link!!!!