Broke 260....

Options
On Dec 31 I weighed in at 284.5. I was pushing 290 around christmas due to over indulging. I started bringing snacks and food to work just after Christmas and Jan. 1 quit drinking. I haven't fully stopped apparently as I have had a few days where I have. I've been eating about 40% raw with no junk food (not that I ate that anyways) and gone almost gluten free. 95% of what I eat I prepare. The scale this morning said 259. I am hoping it says that again tomorrow. My goal was 250 by April 1. It looks like I will more than exceed by that date.

I have never kept a fitness log, however this site makes it easy. I always tried but failed. Even when I switch around what I am going to eat, like today after a walk at lunch I ended up getting some vegetable chili because I was frosted through and ate my chicken wrap that I made this morning later.

At the moment I don't need a new clothes, however the clothes I bought just before Christmas are loose. My suit pants which are 46 definitely are to big, however I am going to put off a new suit until I lose some more weight. The pants that were 40's that I couldn't buckle up, now buckle up.

Before I would go for a short walk just to get out of the office, now I need to walk at lunch for half an hour or so not just to get out but because I want to walk. As the weight comes off I'm hoping my knees, legs and feet won't hurt as much, but that may take some time to sort out.

Enough rambling.... Hoping I'm in good enough shape to start P90X for March 1 and see what happens.

Joe

Replies

• frostiegurl
    frostiegurl Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! You're doing amazing.
  • JMJohnson1005
    JMJohnson1005 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Great job, keep it up!
  • holtorfsangel
    holtorfsangel Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Way to go Joe. Keep up the good work. The walking + the weight loss will surely help your legs and everything ache less. Thank you for posting your journey. God bless.
  • NathanEHarvey
    Options
    For every few pounds you lose, another problem that you didn't even realize you had will disappear. You'll start sleeping better, feelling better, and hurting less. All of which make it easier to go even farther into being healthy... as long as you don't get complacent on the way there. Keep up the great work!
  • baharal
    baharal Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Outstanding! I know about the feet and knee concerns. I have the same hopes - the more weight that comes off the easier it is on the feet and knees. Keep up the good work!
  • KokomoJoe
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement. I am looking forward to the numbers getting smaller, maybe my golf scores will too. LOL
  • LILFIX27
    LILFIX27 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    great job! such an inspiration! keep up all the hard work!
  • mbrotnitsky
    mbrotnitsky Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Joe -- Bravo- I am so proud of you. Every success story I read is like I'm reading my own ---lol even though I'm not there yet- I can taste it and feel it. I'm finally passionate about me. Again Bravo....
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    congrats!! Sounds like you have the whole thing sussed. I'm absolutly sure you wont hurt to walk when you lose more weight.

Keep on rockin!! You're worth it ! :bigsmile:
  • _Bro
    _Bro Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Great job - you have made some touch decisions/changes (reducing alcohol, prepping meals , etc)
    I have no doubt that you will reach your goals! Keep it up!
  • baypathgradLyns
    baypathgradLyns Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! What an inspiration!!
  • Neptune6
    Neptune6 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job! I bet your golf game follows suit - lower and lower #s. :smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!