Voices in my Head

Options
Should I stop for a mocha on my way to work? No, says the voice, you didn't work out today.

Someone brought donuts this morning, I can have just one, right? No says the voice, you're going out for dinner tonight and should save your calories.

Dinner's over and I'm bored. Maybe some popcorn! No, says the voice, you can make it until bedtime. Have a glass of water.

Sometimes the voices say yes; but mostly the voices keep me from eating something I shouldn't.

What do yours say?

Replies

• Naomi91
    Naomi91 Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    I love this post :]

mostly my voices say: you have earned it! Then i say NO back away!!!!!

or

They say: You are bored go run again! Then say NO i already ran 6 miles D: i need to rest voices!
  • AmeMahoney
    Options
    My voices told me to paint my room bright sparkly purple. Then I went and did P90X.
    We must have different voices.
    :bigsmile:

Posts about voices in your head always amuse me. I used to be a shrink and worked with a LOT of schizophrenics. As long as there's not an angel standing at the foot of your bed telling you to kill someone, I'd say you're all good. :drinker:
  • skinnyme125
    skinnyme125 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Same always the same. They keep telling me to tough it out and get threw one more day being a good girl. I hate it when a chocolate fudge brownie is staring me in the face when I am on my period but then thank them later when I see the pounds go away.")
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    My voices told me to paint my room bright sparkly purple. Then I went and did P90X.

Posts about voices in your head always amuse me. I used to be a shrink and worked with a LOT of schizophrenics. As long as there's not an angel standing at the foot of your bed telling you to kill someone, I'd say you're all good. :drinker:

does it count if elmos standing at the foot of your bed telling you to kill people?
  • koalasaurus
    Options
    Mine are mostly negative. But I've found when they are actually positive, it makes it all the sweeter and much more victorious.
  • corey_e
    corey_e Posts: 162
    Options
    If I'm low on calories they tell me that if you cave then you have to work out harder tomorrow....so which do you want, extra rest or a snack you really don't need? Darn that voice! :laugh:
  • Mariposa187
    Mariposa187 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    i absolutely love this! my voices are bad and good... Sometimes i feel like i have an inner war... the devil and angel sitting on each shoulder. I will hhave to talk to my voices and tell them to b more like yours :)
  • navy4you2
    navy4you2 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Voices in my head usually tell me that its ok, you've been good other days, so one bad day is worth it, right???? I usually agree, but try to be good as much as I can. I have many voices, and some stories for a different board. :-)
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    The voices in my head tell me that my mother in law is a hamburger short of a happy meal. And they are right!:bigsmile: Seriously though they tell me to eat more chips. I told them to eff off!:laugh: :laugh:
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options
    The voices in my head are saying, go ahead and drink the whole bottle of wine. After all it is made from organic fruit, LOL........ :drinker:

Luckily for me, I am still sipping on the first glass while supper is cooking.
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    I'm the voice in the head of the voice in my head. It's a symbiotic kind of bond within sanity. Or with insanity. Same difference.
  • AmeMahoney
    Options

does it count if elmos standing at the foot of your bed telling you to kill people?

Elmo doesn't do that anymore. He has Katy Perry to distract him.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHROHJlU_Ng
  • angela828
    angela828 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    My voice says "MCDONALDS, MCDONALDS, MCDONALDS" at least 3x a week!! Been able to resist for 2 weeks now though :)
  • LauraMcGanity
    Options
    My voices are telling me chocolate is half-price in Tescos after Valentine's Day and after a rubbish day at work, I really do deserve some.

Make the voices stop!!:bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • Syreeta6
    Syreeta6 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    My voices are telling me chocolate is half-price in Tescos after Valentine's Day and after a rubbish day at work, I really do deserve some.

Make the voices stop!!:bigsmile: :bigsmile:

LOL