Eating exercise calories??

austepants
austepants Posts: 356 Member
edited September 24 in Fitness and Exercise
I know this question is asked all the time but I haven't been able to find an answer that I understand yet... MFP has me eating 1320 calories per day I do Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred and am currently on level 2. I am unable to find out how many calories I burn doing the workout so I don't log my exercise. I don't want my body to go into starvation mode so I'm kind of at a loss for what to do. I workout on Monday, Wednesday and Friday with the shred. How do I find out how to log my exercise and what portion of the calories do I need to eat back? I know its not good to eat all of them back but I have seen so many different numbers I don't know what to do. Looking for some help... or suggestions I want to do this right and be healthy!!!

Replies

• Paccie
    Paccie Posts: 47
    I'm not top sure on the right and wring of eating the calories back but I log my 30 day shred under circuit training general. That's what I've heard from others. But am interested what all think also.
  • lorinjer
    lorinjer Posts: 233 Member
    I log it in as 27 minutes of curcuit training and only eat back my exercise calories if I'm hungry....
  • skinnyme125
    skinnyme125 Posts: 396 Member
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/aeryn69/view/the-great-calorie-misconception-64913 this site should answer all your questions just perfect for you. Good luck with this.
  • austepants
    austepants Posts: 356 Member
    Thanks everyone this really helps. The only thing im stuck on is that I want to make sure I estimate the calories properly that I expend during my workout. I put in 27minutes for circuit training and got 234 calories burned but I guess that putting down the 234 is better than not putting anything down for my workout??
This discussion has been closed.