P90xers.........day off, or stretch?

Options
hey all,

So tomorrow is day 7 for me! I know it's my rest day, but, would it be wise of me to do the x stretch DVD?

Replies

• lucylorelei
    lucylorelei Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I LOVE the stretch dvd. It does NOT feel like a workout. I see it more as a reward for the end of the week! DO IT!!! Oh yeah, and it totally relieves all my muscle soreness...
  • sarahtroupe
    Options
    I have done this one twice and its a really good stretch for 60 min lol:)
  • LittleD311
    LittleD311 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I LOVE the stretch dvd. It does NOT feel like a workout. I see it more as a reward for the end of the week! DO IT!!! Oh yeah, and it totally relieves all my muscle soreness...

Awesome!!!! Thank you, that's EXACTLY what I wanted to know!!!!!!!! How long is it?!
  • LittleD311
    Options
    I have done this one twice and its a really good stretch for 60 min lol:)

60 minutes!!!! Word! Thanks!!!!!
  • AmeMahoney
    Options
    Definitely Stretch!
    I also do extra stretching on all days (not the Stretch video every day, that would be awful!). The 2-3 minutes Tony spends during each workout just isn't enough for me. I usually do a total of 10-15 minutes here and there throughout the day or all at once if I'm able.
  • pyro13g
    pyro13g Posts: 1,127 Member
    Options
    If you feel like things are tight or locked up, stretch. Otherwise rest day.
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I`ve been taking my days off since It`s the one day a week I know I don`t have to do anything and I`ve already committed to doing P90X the other 6 days but I have done the stretch workout and it feels awesome.
  • LittleD311
    Options
    If you feel like things are tight or locked up, stretch. Otherwise rest day.

My calves are so sore from yesterday!!!!!! So I'll stretch :)
  • hewhoiscd
    hewhoiscd Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options

+ eleventybillion
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    The stretch IS a day off. Lol.
  • LittleD311
    Options
    The stretch IS a day off. Lol.

haha.....even on my day off, I'll be going to the gym!
  • bheimbrock
    bheimbrock Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    After Kenpo, I am usually very tight across my shoulders and back. So, I did the stretch DVD last week and loved it! 60 mins may be a bit much but it did go by pretty quickly (Even with my 2 year old trying to "Help" me with the stretches...LOL! Talk about flexible; my daughter could kick butt in Yoga!!
  • LittleD311
    Options
    After Kenpo, I am usually very tight across my shoulders and back. So, I did the stretch DVD last week and loved it! 60 mins may be a bit much but it did go by pretty quickly (Even with my 2 year old trying to "Help" me with the stretches...LOL! Talk about flexible; my daughter could kick butt in Yoga!!

that is too cute! I actually just got done doing my x stretch, and im feeling SOOOO much better! I have 2 helpers too, I have no kids, but I have a yorkie, Fiona, and a lab/pit mix, Honey, So everytime I was on the floor, they were right there with me!
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options

that is too cute! I actually just got done doing my x stretch, and im feeling SOOOO much better! I have 2 helpers too, I have no kids, but I have a yorkie, Fiona, and a lab/pit mix, Honey, So everytime I was on the floor, they were right there with me!

You have to wonder what they are thinking when they see you doing downward dog? I've glanced at my dog while doing Yoga and he just turns his head as if to say "huh?"
  • LittleD311
    Options

Haha! Our lab/Pitt mix was just looking at me like I was crazy! Gotta love that!
    You have to wonder what they are thinking when they see you doing downward dog? I've glanced at my dog while doing Yoga and he just turns his head as if to say "huh?"