Need some motivation

Options
I fractured my ankle on Friday. I was doing so well with food and exercise, trying to lose weight for my wedding. Now I am having a hard time figuring out how I am going to keep the momentum going!! I am trying not to get depressed, but this just really stinks! Any suggestions? The crutches are definitely making me work a lot harder, but I'm supposed to stay down a lot. Going to an ortho on Thursday to find out if I'm going to need a cast or surgery or what. HELP!!!

Replies

• mountainwoman98
    mountainwoman98 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    So sorry to hear about your ankle sweetie :frown: As long as you stay at 1200 calories you should still lose about a pound a week even without excercise. Just keep eating healthy and try not to stress while you heal.
  • KeepOnMoving
    KeepOnMoving Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Might consider some strength toning. Gentle stuff and easy yoga - based on what you are able to do. This will help muscle tone and some extra calories to be burned. Be careful! I think some kind of toning and movement would help your body circulate and heal faster. You might check with your doctor as well on what types of exercises would work. Of course you don't want to do anything that will slow down the healing process of a fracture. Take care! Best wishes for a speedy recovery! :flowerforyou:
  • CallejaFairey
    CallejaFairey Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    you could do a search for workouts meant for people with mobility issues, meaning seated exercises. they probably won't burn as many cal as the stuff you have been doing, as they are pretty low impact, but if you stick with your cal limit, and just keep moving, you will be alright. i know how you feel, i sprained my ankle last night, and it sucks to not be able to take my dog out for our daily walk right now, she really hates it too...lol.
  • CuteMommy88
    CuteMommy88 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    try shadow boxing. I've heard its supposed to be a great calorie burn!! that way you arent putting any stress on your ankle.Hope you feel better soon :flowerforyou:
  • flash53
    flash53 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I would ask the docter what type of exercise you can do. Maybe you can ride a stationary bike for cardio or try using light weights doing high reps for your upper body. You can sit down and work on your bi's, tri's, chest and back do each body part for a minute and switch to the next body part with not rest in between that way you can get a cardio workout with your upper body while toning your muscle. You can still keep your calorie alotment the same as it is now if you were already on a weightloss program.

Good luck.