Always known to stay away from bread for weight loss but..

Elli0tt
Elli0tt Posts: 49
edited September 24 in Health and Weight Loss
Does it still apply if the bread is 100% whole wheat? While using this "WOWbutter" I've found that is UHmazing!
Anyway, what is the story with whole wheat bread? As far as if it really is horribly counterproductive when losing weight? I love bread whether its whole wheat, multi-grain, or whatever they try to do to make it more nutritionally beneficial. I believe bread has the best type of carbs for energy, in my case at least.

Any input?

Replies

• I lost over 100 pounds 12 years ago. I've always eaten whole wheat bread. Not every day, but when I want a sandwhich, hey, a girl's gotta eat.
  • carl1738
    carl1738 Posts: 444 Member
    Everything in moderation! Enjoy!
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    I eat 10 grain bread daily and it hasn't slowed my weight loss. Some days I also have a multi grain sandwich thin. i haven't experienced any problems.
  • fitnesspirateninja
    fitnesspirateninja Posts: 667 Member
    I also eat bread and I haven't had any trouble losing weight. I tend to eat 100% whole wheat sandwich or bagel thins, or only eat one slice. But if I'm out to eat and having soup, I'll have a slice of French bread, too. I think it's fine to eat bread as long as you use moderation and try to stick to complex carbs.
  • emadigan
    emadigan Posts: 89 Member
    I try to limit my bread intake to once a day, which is sometimes hard. Like today, I had bread (toast) for breakfast and on sandwich for dinner and that did add quite a few calories. Normally, I would choose one or the other.
  • seniorfaye
    seniorfaye Posts: 295 Member
    I seem to always feel fuller when I eat bread. All I buy now is 100% whole wheat. I love to make bread and use half while and half wheat. That's one of my real enjoyments is smelling fresh bread baking.
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    I would just check the label for protein, fiber and sugar content. Not all "whole wheat bread" is alike.

For example, I find that Thomas Lite Whole Grain (might be call Multi Grain) english muffins, Flat Out wraps, or Arnolds MultiGrain Sandwhich thins are superior choices to whole wheat bread--at least the breads in my stores. They are higher in protein and fiber, lower in sugar, and lower in calories per serving.
  • janesmith1
    janesmith1 Posts: 1,511 Member
    The "stay away from carbs/bread" thing is complete utter bs & a fraud according to science studies.

Carbs are also fruits and veggies as well as breads & pastas. Carbohydrates give you energy.

Someone needs to tell all those 90% carb eating Asians that carbs will make you fat!
This discussion has been closed.