Silly question: what you do with your clothes?

Options
2»

Replies

• juliana1977
    juliana1977 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Donate them as soon as they are too big...forces you to maintain!! I hear Goodwill is very well organized these days, and that you can find some crazy good deals there...especially in my area. Alterations aren't cheap, and may run you more than you originally paid for the item. I had some nicer stuff that I sold on Craig's List. I also sent too big clothes to some friends on another diet web site that I was using prior to moving to MFP: I did ask for a bit of $$ from one person because I sent her a ridiculously expensive suit. Everyone else, I just asked to send me postage...and they did.

Clearance racks were, and still are, my friend! There for awhile I was dropping a size every 10# and went from an 18W to a 10-12. Mostly in 12's these days though:-( Anyway, I am a mad shopper and find great deals @ Ann Taylor brand stores. Also not afraid to go through the racks @ Ross and Marshalls.

Tailored pants and fitted shirts are first to show the weight loss: I still buy them, but don't spend a lot on them. I don't mind spending a bit more though on jackets, sweaters, and some looser fit shirts (think mostly summer type loose blouses) since I get a bit more wear out of them. You can never go wrong with shoes, purses, or jewelry though!!

Thank you!!
    lol! Love purses and shoes!!
    I was thinking about the same, I should get rid of them as soon as they are too baggy I dont want to have them around just in case, bc just in case does not go into my life! : ))
  • Sara1978
    Sara1978 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I donated them to a charity that was gathering clothing for flood victims in Afghanistan. :)
  • spicyruse
    Options
    I donate to a thrift store. When I do that, they give me a coupon to use at the store. It does take some time sifting through all the clothes at thrift stores, but you can definitely save a lot of cash by buying used.
  • RMinVA
    RMinVA Posts: 1,085 Member
    Options

Thank you!!
    lol! Love purses and shoes!!
    I was thinking about the same, I should get rid of them as soon as they are too baggy I dont want to have them around just in case, bc just in case does not go into my life! : ))

I forgot to mention scarves too!! So all you really need are a few basic pieces and you can completely change the look with a scarf, sweater, jewelry, etc. I have a "staple" wardrobe for work that is probably less than 20 pieces, but I can mix and match them all. Pretty neutral color wise, but that's where the scarves, shoes and jewelry come in. Adds color and completely changes the look.
  • bethrs
    bethrs Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    If you need money, you could always sell the nicer items at consignment shops. I opened up an account at one and made like 25 bucks on some jeans and slacks. It was pretty awesome. I would've donated, but I had a hard time thinking of letting go of some of my favorite barely used items for nothing...I had just bought them!