What goes with pineapple chicken

Options
55tolose
55tolose Posts: 510 Member
Hey quick I need a really easy really cheap recepie that will go well with baked pineapple chicken. I have no idea I don't cook very often but I wanted to try this one.. Preferably something I can use frozen vegetables with :glasses:

Replies

• MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    I usually do some steamed broccoli and brown rice. Both come in steam packages for easy making.
  • justsummie
    justsummie Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    A spicey rice would set off the sweet flavor really well.
  • 55tolose
    55tolose Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Great ideas keep em coming ...
  • RedfootDaddy
    RedfootDaddy Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Agree on the rice, but watch the ready-to-go packages, usually they are packed with sodium.

What I recommend is to make a pot of rice (even the minute stuff), and instead of water use some kind of tea for extra flavour. We use a specialty tea called Jesse's Tea, it's got lavender and coconut in it, and turns out delicious coconut rice with no effort and no extra calories.
  • forestdancers
    forestdancers Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Brown basmati rice with mushrooms, a half can of mushroom soup and toss in some frozen veg.
  • karriecook
    karriecook Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Agree on the rice, but watch the ready-to-go packages, usually they are packed with sodium.

What I recommend is to make a pot of rice (even the minute stuff), and instead of water use some kind of tea for extra flavour. We use a specialty tea called Jesse's Tea, it's got lavender and coconut in it, and turns out delicious coconut rice with no effort and no extra calories.

that is brilliant! i'm going to try that.