Slightly annoyed...

Options
So, I'm a busy person, never been one to watch what I ate as much as I have lately (never counted calories before, just made healthier choices before now). In the past month, I have upgraded my Curves membership to the new SmartTrax system that tells you how many calories you've worked off, your weaknesses, etc. AND I have been using this site. Thought I was doing pretty well.

For the past few months, my inches have not really moved down very much. My weight has barely fluctuated in the past few months either. However, my body fat % (at least according to the device they use) drops down and in the past two months, it has gone down about 1.1% (wiht an overall fat % of 3.3 so far total which is awesome) but my inches have gone up and my weight hasn't changed! And it can't be muscle because I'm WAAAAAYY too thick and, at least according to my measurements from today my waist is INCREASING as are my hips and thighs. :explode: I am going to get measured again later this week though because the girl who measured me today is, well, ditzy, and has no idea how to do a lot of the things (she just started) and was congratulating me on my inches lost (when it clearly shows it's gone up 2.5 inches from last month). Just frustrated and want to vent. Please tell me it's just her and I really haven't lost boobs and gained in all the wrong places because my breasts sure don't seem to be any smaller in my bra (actually need to go up in size I think).

Replies

• neurogirl
    neurogirl Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    So, I'm a busy person, never been one to watch what I ate as much as I have lately (never counted calories before, just made healthier choices before now). In the past month, I have upgraded my Curves membership to the new SmartTrax system that tells you how many calories you've worked off, your weaknesses, etc. AND I have been using this site. Thought I was doing pretty well.

For the past few months, my inches have not really moved down very much. My weight has barely fluctuated in the past few months either. However, my body fat % (at least according to the device they use) drops down and in the past two months, it has gone down about 1.1% (wiht an overall fat % of 3.3 so far total which is awesome) but my inches have gone up and my weight hasn't changed! And it can't be muscle because I'm WAAAAAYY too thick and, at least according to my measurements from today my waist is INCREASING as are my hips and thighs. :explode: I am going to get measured again later this week though because the girl who measured me today is, well, ditzy, and has no idea how to do a lot of the things (she just started) and was congratulating me on my inches lost (when it clearly shows it's gone up 2.5 inches from last month). Just frustrated and want to vent. Please tell me it's just her and I really haven't lost boobs and gained in all the wrong places because my breasts sure don't seem to be any smaller in my bra (actually need to go up in size I think).
  • sweetpea03b
    sweetpea03b Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    I too have really agonized over the numbers... inches... weight... but now... I have stopped weighing myself because it just discourages me. When I started out I weighed myself DAILY (i know that's bad but I was SO desperate to see that number go down). Now... I know what I need to do... I know what I should be doing and how to get there.... so I just make healthier choices... smaller portions... drink TONS of water increase my healthy food intake (veggies, fruit, etc). and work my BUTT OFF at the gym. In the end, after you do all of these things... it will pay off. Maybe not right away... maybe not a ton at once (i only lost 3lbs last mo)... but you will see results... in your stamina.. in the way you feel and eventually in your waistline (and anywhere else you desire).

Maybe try mixing up your exercise routine a bit... try to do different things... sometimes if you do crunches, lunges and pushups every day... maybe it won't be doing enough to make a difference. Take a look online... I get SELF magazine.. they always have great pointers on different exercises and foods you can eat that will jumpstart your metabolism and help burn more fat. Hope this helps... stick with it... unfortunately its really easy gaining... and really hard losing.

63578.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • bluerobi
    bluerobi Posts: 22
    Options
    I am at a stand still also. I lost 10 lb before i joined this site. I then lost 3 more, gained 4 back, and lost 2. What a drag. I play tennis singles and doubles 1 or 2 days a week and roller blade 1 or 2 days a week. Both these activities burn lots of calories. If burning 3500 calories more than you eat equals 1 lb lost why am I not loosing at least a pound a week? It is very discouraging. :sad: