Day 0 - Again for the last time! Friends Please...

Options
I've not worked out for 2 two weeks. I fell off again...I've been going through this for a year now. Three weeks on two-three weeks off!!!

I must become more consistent. I'm tired of starting over every other month! Would love to have some positive peer pressure. Now one around me cares about working out! Friends please.....

Replies

• Marcellus_08
    Options
    Haha,
    you sound like ME!!!

I've been on for a month, already want to stop and eat my weight in pasta!
    I feel ya!
  • littlelionesslove
    Options
    Sure! I used to hate working out but now I get cranky if I don't get to!
  • edinat
    edinat Posts: 159 Member
    Options

How did u fall in love with working out?

-and i feel the same way one month on-two off...and all over again its stressful and OLD!
  • Michellj
    Options
    I HATE WAKING UP EARLY TO WORK OUT. but i have to, if i dont i know good and well im not going to do it at night. and then im just cheating myself. i tell myself that you cant get the results i want if i dont put in the work, and thats normally enough guilt to get me out of bed and into my workout room.... i dont have to like it, i just have to do it. but yeah, if i miss one day then i miss two. then i miss a week.
  • LauraMcGanity
    Options
    Please add me as a friend, I think the more friends you have, the easier the journey is. I will be as supportive as I can be - as long as when my chocolate craving kicks in, you kick my butt - deal?:flowerforyou:
  • kendf60
    kendf60 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I went through that for years, then last June I had a scare. I went to the Dr for a routine physical and one of the tests indicated that there may be a blockage in my heart. A few tests later, the results were that I was fat and out of shape and if I didn't start eating better and exercising that it would lead to heart problems. The thought of having my chest cracked open has me; "scared straight".
    I've been consistent with eating healthy and exercising since then. It took awhile to find what worked for me and is continually being adjusted. Add me as a friend and I'll give you some friendly reminders to stick to it.
  • kiannlouise
    kiannlouise Posts: 310 Member
    Options

Haha definately me too! Once you have your mind in the right place its easy!
    Join a gym, get a personal trainer, find someone to workout with, download your favourtie songs onto your ipod, find a gym class you enjoy!

I also hang cut-outs of celebrities on my mirror in my bedroom so its the first thing i look at in the morning (:
    also make sure you record everything that goes into your mouth! drinks and sauces included

:)
  • 702GRACECITY
    Options
    I know how hard it is, ive struggled w/it my ENTIRE Life!!! In Dec'10 i got a Wake-UpCall.......In Dec'2010 i went to get a Wisdom Tooth Pulled, and they were unable to do it because they said my Blood Pressure was through the Roof (now i was sick w/a Nasty Head & Chest Cold and was taking OTC Meds so that MAY have had something to do w/it but STILL?!?!)......i had NO Idea, i even had High BP, it scared the heck out of me, im ONLY 38yrs old, at the Rate i was going i could have a Stroke or a Heart Attack within 2yrs, it was a HUGE, HUGE Wake-Up Call for me!!! I want to one Day get Married, be a Mother, see my Nephew & Nieces Graduate from High School/College & get Married, ect, and if i was to continue on the path i was on, it was NOT going to happen!!! So Tues 1/25/2011 my Journey of Dieting (not just to loose Weight but to change my Eating Habits) & Working out began.......

My 2-Biggest Weakness's in Life are my L ♥ VE of Classic Coca~Cola & Fast Food Cheesburgers, im a TRUE FAST FOOD Addict, id Eat Fast Food 3 to 5 Times a Week, 52 Weeks a Year!!!!! First i Weighed in, and then i Signed myself up on here!!!I Started out w/30-Min doing Wii Fit Exercises in the Morning then doing 30-Mins of Intense Walking, while adding a little a bit of Jogging to it Every day, in the late Afternoon, Early Evening. As of now im up to 70 Mins on the Wii and 65 Mins w/the Walking/Jogging, which comes out to just over 3.6-Miles. My Goal is to Particpate in the Santa Run in Dec.'11 sponsored by Opportunity Village EVERY Year!!! I Work-Out, Mon-Sat and then let my Body Rest on Sundays (but i STILL Diet/Water/Vitamins on Sun.)! I no longer keep Soda in the House, but i have my Sister Melissa keep Coke Zero Stocked for me at her House for when i Babysit, thats my Treat when i Babysit, it has ZERO Calories, and since im no longer Drinking Soda 7-Days a Week, its ok as a Treat once or Twice a Week, lol!!!!

For the VERY FIRST TIME EVER in my Life im actually enjoying Wking-Out!!!! I get excited when i reach a New Goal, maybe trying setting Goals for yourself and rewarding yourself in some small way when you reach them! This Sat im going to be in a Local Walk-A-Thon, ive entered the 5k (3-miles), 2months ago in Dec that wasnt even a remote possbility, couldn't have done a 1-mile, let alone 3, PTL, ALL GLory to GOD!!!!

Add me if you would Postive Support & Encouragement, trust me i know how hard it is!!! :flowerforyou:
  • olymp1a
    olymp1a Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    I suppose the most important thing is to find a type of workout that you actually enjoy.

Me for example, I have enrolled to gyms countless of timess. I go there for one week and then never show up again. I realised I do not enjoy it. So I experimented and I found out I love dancing. I have started dance lessons and I love it so much I am working our for 9-13 hours every week!

So, I guess that if you find this one thing that you really love you will not want to stop! :-)