Not exactly new here...

Options
olymp1a
olymp1a Posts: 1,766 Member
Hello everybody!

I am not exactly new to MFP, its has been almost 1.5 month that I've been using the iPhone application already, but it is the first time I log in on the site. I see there are a lot of people that struggle to lose a few or a lot of extra weight and that you are encouraging each other which is soooo important.

As for me, I was always an active person which kept me quite fit until 3 years ago that I started working in an office long hours. As a result I was sitting on a chair for almost all day long and had no free time for exercise. On top of that I quitted smoking which only added some more weight and about 2 months I got a huge shock after I got on my scales. I was 72 kgs! Note that my weight was always stable between 59-61 kgs. You can imagine how I felt. It was the moment I said enough is enough. I quited some of the extra working hours, started latin dance classes and after aa few weeks I found out MFP on iPhone. After that day I have been tracking down everything I eat and I have managed to lose 5 kgs!

Feels nice to be here with you, hope to get to know you better and help each other achieve our goals!

Replies

• Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Welcome! It is a great place for support! I couldn't do it without my MFP peeps.
  • ypawar
    Options
    Very shy and ashamed to admit I have given up even before I started I was on FP Nd then wandered into sparkpeople - big mistake, I was overwhelmed by all those colours and got off the horse. Feel like a major failure. Anyhow here I am 75 kg wanting to just be 65...I have a funny tho interesting whAt is called a TCA Three Country Background I am an Indian born and raised but spent major part of adulthood in the US and now reside in China. so I eat a lot of Indian food but also mishmash of soups home made bread and dumplings and stir fries . I am a vegetarian .. Any tips on how to jumpstart a program and stay motivated for a month at least once I get the hang of it? Did I say it feels warmer here than Sparkpeople!?