Any other frequent travellers looking for friends?

Options
mikeyrp
mikeyrp Posts: 1,616 Member
I travel a lot.

Pretty much all around the world.

I like foreign food.

I like working out / being fit - but its hard when you are travelling.

Looking for people with a similar lifestyle to keep me on track.

Or just people who are fun :)

Replies

• olymp1a
    olymp1a Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    I love travelling too, I do not manage to get abroad as many times as I would like, my average is twice per year, but I totally go for it and enjoy it. I would travel all the time if I could!

Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • ski3r4life
    Options
    I'm living abroad at the moment, and traveling quite a bit too.
  • ingeborgv
    ingeborgv Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I travel a lot for work, usually one or two nights away in a week. I agree with you, it is hard to stay healthy and get exercise in sometimes. Feel free to add me!
  • mikeyrp
    Options
    Next week:

Dallas

Home of some of the greatest steaks on the planet.

Can someone recommend any place that serves something healthy but (almost) as tasty?
  • lavacava
    Options
    Frequent traveller as well. Currently living abroad. I actually find when I travel I lose more weight. Being busy, walking around, and rushing to see the sights is great. I love the sense of adventure and independence travelling gives you! Excited for more travelling to come!
  • mikeyrp
    Options
    I should have mentioned - this is work related travel - so offices & hotels - and the odd weekend adventure :)

I have been to some exciting places though - most of Europe (including Scandinavia, Russia etc ), China, Mexico, USA, Australia & New Zeland...
  • ski3r4life
    Options
    Love traveling.... good luck in Dallas this week!
  • mikeyrp
    Options
    Thanks Cassie - Have decided to Blog this trip - maybe it will be helpful to others?
  • JudoJones
    Options
    wish i could remember the name, but there's a great Cuban resturant in dallas.
  • mikeyrp
    Options
    Next trip: China, on holiday.

Food and exercise will both be a challenge.
  • jwpotter
    jwpotter Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    No, on the contrary, China will be easy. You will get a lot of exercise and the Chinese Food there is much more healthy then the American Variety. Part of it depends on if you choose to eat in the Hotels which serve American or in the local restaurants that serve the real Chinese. We had breakfast in the hotels, because it was included, and then ate in the Chinese Restaurants the rest of the time. We had some very interesting and fun times. Quite often, if they didn't speak some English, they had a menu written in English which they could use to figure out what you wanted. If you have an iPhone and haven't already, I would suggest you download the translator app.....I love to travel also, and am off to Egypt in May...Writing this while on a short holiday on the Pacific Coast in Northern California, near Ft. Bragg....Have a good time in Texas as well as China!
  • fuzzymel
    fuzzymel Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I love travelling. I try and get away twice a year. Off to St Petersburg in the summer and then Bologna, Florence and Pisa a little later on.
  • mikeyrp
    Options
    jwpotter

There will be a lot of real Chinese food - we are going to a friends wedding! Last time I went I don't remember the food being particularly healthy - I was in Shanghai though - this time Beijing and Xian
  • mikeyrp
    Options
    I love travelling. I try and get away twice a year. Off to St Petersburg in the summer and then Bologna, Florence and Pisa a little later on.

Never made it to St Pete - Loved Moscow though.
    Florence is great. One of my favorite cities in the world.

Tip on Italian food - carpaccio can be really low in calories. Pizza is BAD for diets.
  • labgirl3
    labgirl3 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I'm traveling for work as I type (in the Bay Area this week - based in Texas). I usually travel a few times a month, but in the fall it's about 60% of the time. Nothing too exotic, although I do get to go to northern Australia this summer!

As for Dallas - eh, I'd just go enjoy a steak. Make it a smaller fillet mignon, and have some veggies. Skip the carbs and you won't do too much damage. Have you been to Bob's? That's my favorite!

Feel free to add me as a friend too!
  • mikeyrp
    Options
    Never made it to Bobs - but ate many a petite fillet with a side of Asparagus at Cool River. Yum.

Need to keep my eyes away from the desert trolley though!!!
  • labgirl3
    labgirl3 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Here you go: http://www.bobs-steakandchop.com/

So. Dang. Good.
  • mikeyrp
    Options
    Not going back for weeks - I think it will be China and Costa Rica before Dallas again.

This looks so yum though :)
  • hellokittyhorror
    hellokittyhorror Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Hey there,
    Just had an interview where I am likely going to be doing an average of 50% travel (sometimes 90%). Please add me as a friend if you like.

I'm trying to research the best instant food and supplements that come in packets that don't have to be refrigerated and that don't taste horrible. So far Vega is my favorite for meal replacement for breakfast. In addition to being vegetarian try to avoid refined flour and sugar. I'm also looking for protein suuplements (when all I can eat is iceberg lettuce and potatoes at a steak house!) Please share any ideas you have!