Race for Life 2011

Options
I know there are quite a few people who have started running as part of their MFP exercise routine. I am one such person, 4 weeks ago I couldn't run 100m. I can now run 1.5 miles without walking and am up to 3 miles interval training.

I've been considering signing up for Race for Life 2011, anyone else fancy joining me to support each other in training?

Replies

• louiseei
    louiseei Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Hi Sarah, there was a thread about this a couple of weeks ago. I'm doing it with my 7 year old!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/161521-race-for-life

Louise
  • ceri1980
    ceri1980 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I have also taken up running recently and im loving it! I has always been something that i have loved doing but due to my weight have never been able to stick to it. Since losing my first 2 stone I have taken it upon myself to sign up for the Cardiff Half Marathon and it would be such an achievement for me to complete this! so as a stepping stone and a bit of practice I am also running the race for life :)

4 Weeks ago i was out of breath getting uo the stairs, now i am running 3 miles 3 times a week and feel great for doing it.

Good luck with your training,

Ceri
  • SarahHulme
    Options
    hi sarah. my sister has signed me up for the race for life in july and wants me to run it with her, so that is my motivation to loose more weight and go to the gym. im not doing to bad at the moment.:smile: