What is your Fitness Goal?

Options
I find it always challenging to stay on top of my finess and exercise routine. I've come to the realization that in order to truly master that drive that keeps you going is to always set a goal to work towards. For me, without that goal then I loose that drive to constantly push myself. This year I turn 40 in September and I have set my goal to run a half marathon before my birthday.

So I ask the question, what is your fitness goal?

Replies

• yanicka
    yanicka Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    Also running a half marathon in october
  • rkrobke
    Options
    My goal is to run my first 5k in under 30 minutes in May....I can do it on the treadmill but am afraid to see what happens when I get outside. My next goal is to finish a 10k race this summer in an hour....maybe the half marathon will come next year...Good luck and a great goal to have!
  • catherine1979
    catherine1979 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I am not a runner (yet) but my goal is to finish a 5K by the end of this year.
  • Trovan
    Trovan Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I'm running in Ragnar this July, and an adventure style 10k in September.
  • fuzzymel
    fuzzymel Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I want to do a 5k this year.
  • LMac423
    Options
    Kick some major butt in all of my races/triathlons this year, run a half marathon in September in under 10min/mile, run a full marathon by next year and EVENTUALLY do a full Ironman Triathlon! =))))
  • Mrs_McFadden
    Options
    Be able to crush a man with my thighs. A particular man.
  • ukgirly01
    ukgirly01 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    running a 5 k in july a half marathon in Sept and I'll find a new fitness goal after that. Im in week 7 of training for the running, its not easy but im getting there. I started runnign for a minute this week I can do 6, doesnt sound like a lot but its a huge leap for me.
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    My goal is to play basket ball & run the hurdles like I did in high school & in college but I want to be in better shape. I had poor eating habits back then but because I worked out all the time you couldn't really tell. Thats going to be the difference this time. I've made a choice to live healthy all the way round.
  • Wendi_S
    Wendi_S Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    1. To say I kicked p90x's *kitten*!
    2. To be able to look back at all the people who doubted me and give them the 'What now, b*tch' look!
    3. To be able to rock a bikini on the beach at age 44! Not saying I will, but I want the option!
    4 To be the skinny rocking hot mom that everyone hates ;-) Sorry everyone has a vain streak ;-)
  • nickyevans
    nickyevans Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Be able to crush a man with my thighs. A particular man.

haha...

I am not a fan of running so my fitness goal is to have a fitness rating of 38 on my Polar HRM.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Running my first 5k in March, then doing better at one in April, and the Warrior Dash in June. Then maybe on to a 10k!

And not having a panic attack if someone invites me to a pool party.
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    The good thing about Crossfit is that the "goal" is to exceed your workouts in time and weights used, so I have constant goals. I don't have an "end all" goal though, I'm just trying to stay healthy, be strong and look good!
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    Right now its to run a marathon mid may.

In general it's just to be in great, lean shape.
  • chelekaz
    chelekaz Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    1. To say I kicked p90x's *kitten*!
    2. To be able to look back at all the people who doubted me and give them the 'What now, b*tch' look!
    3. To be able to rock a bikini on the beach at age 44! Not saying I will, but I want the option!
    4 To be the skinny rocking hot mom that everyone hates ;-) Sorry everyone has a vain streak ;-)

You go Girl ... :heart:
  • Celo24
    Celo24 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    1. Finish my first 5K March 12 in under 30 minutes.
    2. Finish my first triathlon April 10 in under 1:25.
    3. Do at least 2-3 more triathlons in 2011.
    4. MAYBE do the Tough Mudder in North Texas in October.
  • fisherpeterj
    Options
    My personal fitness goal is to get back to my college baseball weight which was 190-195...Therefore I am going in the opposite direction compared to everyone else on this site. However, I love this site because before it I had no idea what I was eating before and how to count the calories. With that being said when I am in no particular rush to get the weight back. Slow and steady is the approach because obviously I want the weight to be clean/dry lean muscle weight! Thanks to a special person I am on MFP and counting my calories and working toward a goal constructively. Not to mention feeling great everyday!
  • prchske
    prchske Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    What is Ragner and Adventure Style running?
  • prchske
    prchske Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Loved all the posts, thanks for sharing your goals. You all are inspirations to me, so keep it up!