HELP!!!!

Options
So I am new to working out! I have nothing but the wii, which I hear is good. But I am looking for something more. I am going to be joining a gym, but have no clue what to do or what helps with what area. Man I need some help. There are no trainers at the gym in my town to talk to .

Replies

• bekdavis
    bekdavis Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    you can always pick up some good work out videos at WalMart for under $10. The 30 Day Shred is awesome by Jillian Michaels
  • anorton45
    Options
    I do the Wii game Just Dance 2, the wii fit plus strength training, and I just ordered the Gold Gym's Dance workout game. I'm also starting a Tae Kwon Do class tomorrow.

If you are joining a gym, the elliptical is one of my fav machines, and I'd see what kind of class they offer... some offer zumba or an aerobics class of some sort. I took a spinning class a couple of years ago, boy was that killer.
  • A_New_Horizon
    A_New_Horizon Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    I agree with the other poster. I do the 30-day shed everyday for my workout. Jillian kicks your butt, and it isn't a horrible long workout. The whole DVD takes 27 mins which I try to do in the morning before my kids get up. Welcome aboard.
  • tats76
    Options
    What areas are you looking to work out? It also depends on what machines are at the gym. A great resource is a site like YouTube; where you can type in the type of exercise and there are lots of videos showing you how to do them correctly! :bigsmile:
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    At least 30 min of cardio and then some weights. You can do the circuits. One day do arms then another do legs then core. there are great workout plans online. good luck
  • klshannon12
    klshannon12 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Wow thank you so much!! You have all be a great help! I do love the biggest loser and Jillian is a good trainer on there. I never thought about using you tube, that is a great idea. Thank you everyone for all your help!
  • nkster781
    nkster781 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Join a gym and take some classes. It's fun and you meet new people.