i am in....

Options
...one of those moods where i could fall out with myself!

i'm weighing myself most days,and if i see a gain (which most likely is not a gain,just fluctuation/water weight) i get all down in the dumps about it,so the simple solution is stop weighing myself every day....you'd think so anyway!

its getting to the stage where i'm obsessing about it,and i know its being healthy that's important,not the number on the scales,BUT I REALLY WANNA KNOW THAT NUMBER!

anyone got any ideas on how to stop myself weighing mid-week?

thanks guys and dolls!

<3

xXx

Replies

• nilisabel
    Options
    oh, just do it! then you can say, see, I did it. didn't mean anything. Or, go for a walk instead. after a few minutes or so you will not even care about the scale, it will make you feel much better.
  • novakayne
    novakayne Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem keyleigh. Drove me nuts. I just took the scale out of my house to keep me from doing it. Was dumb of me to have it in the bathroom and the temptation of using the scale when I walked in.
  • dancingnancies
    dancingnancies Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    i do the same thing!!! and i did the same thing today. it is hard because we so badly want to see a change on the scale because we are working so hard! how about you and i make a pact to ONLY CHECK THE SCALE ONCE A WEEK. if we are both keeping each other accountable it will be easier.

anyone else want to join?

how about we only weight in on saturday mornings??
  • janalayn
    janalayn Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Send your scale to live at someone elses house ... or put it in the closet or somewhere that is a pain to go get it, set it up, etc .. or maybe let someone hide it from you and only get it for you once a week. Don't torture yourself with a habit that you know makes you miserable ... take control of the scale. Hope this helps ... i don't have a scale at home so I am less tempted. I weigh on Tuesday evenings at the gym.
  • emilysebastian
    emilysebastian Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Ask someone to hide it... or take it to work. I took mine to work, and was always afraid someone was going to walk around the corner and see me weighing myself (b/c, really, who does?). I ended up having to take it home on the weekend to weigh-in, and now I'm just in the habit!
  • carolyne2
    Options
    Hi, get rid of the scales (give them to a relative or something) and go to either your practice nurse once a week to get weighed or pop into Boots, its only about 20p or something stupid to use the scales in there. This way you will have something to look forward to each week without the downers inbetween - hopefully. Good luck.