half way there

Options
vox23
vox23 Posts: 246 Member
I started my weight loss journey a year ago this month. I was tired of the excuses I was giving myself and have been trying my very best to follow a healthy lifestyle using this wonderful app and a regular exercise program, including outdoor bootcamp and home videos. At my heaviest I was a size 26 and 290 lbs... now I'm a size 16 and have lost 65 lbs so far. I am feeling so much better, and am happy with my success so far and look forward to achieving my final goal! Here's some (slightly embarrasing) before pics and what I look like today.

I'm having trouble figuring out how to post pics. If anyone has help it would be appreciated.

Replies

• christine_lm
    Options
    Congratulations!!!!!!!
  • flukes9
    flukes9 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    You should be proud of your accomplishment! Go to your profile page to "edit photos"...then you can upload them.
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    You are doing a good job staying focus. Much success to you.
  • KarenBice
    Options
    Good for you!! I am new to this site but am finding it so much easier than others (I really liked Spark People but there was SO MUCH info) and this food diary is SO EASY. A big pat on the back (pat, pat, pat) for your success. I know how hard it is, but I am glad you started your "climb away from the brink of diasaster" while you are young. Before you know it, it would have been 300, then 400, then 500. I know, I am an RN and I see it every day plus I put on 10 pounds every year and I said I would take it off. I have lost 35 and have 25 to go.
    I am VERY proud of you!! Keep up the good work.
    P.S. I always have trouble uploading photos.....
  • david081
    david081 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    65lbs is fantastic! What an achievement! I think I'd want a pic of the old me too, as a reminder not to go there again! Well done!!
  • vox23
    Options
    I think I figured out the pics:

Here's the before ones (eeps! looking at them now makes me cringe!)

Before you said wtf?! this was at a retro 80's party
    fatpic3-1.jpg

fatpic2.jpg

fatpic1.jpg

this one was taken today:
    DSCF0127.jpg

close up before:
    fatpic3.jpg

close up today:
    DSCF0088.jpg

Woah! Those are some big pictures! Sorry - I figure im happy just to have learned how to post them in the first place!
    Cheers!

Shellie
  • binabodu
    binabodu Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Great job!! You look fantastic.
  • whittrusty
    whittrusty Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    You look so great! Keep up the hard work!
  • loushep
    loushep Posts: 191
    Options
    That's excellent progress, well done :flowerforyou:
  • TabbyJustice
    TabbyJustice Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Wow, that is quite a difference! You look so happy now!
  • mayana2002
    Options
    Be proud!! 65 is a lot! Congratulations dear! You look great!:drinker:
  • amandat_79
    amandat_79 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Wow, look at you!!! You look terrific, you've done an amazing job so far, keep it up :)
  • vox23
    Options
    Thank you all so very much!!!
  • madijo41
    madijo41 Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Wonderful, congrats!
  • BootCamper10
    BootCamper10 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Good Job you are looking great.
  • damaskgoddess
    Options
    Wow Shellie! I can't believe how a pic looks so different from real life! You have done amazing and I know you will reach your goals, you have come so far already. Keep up the great work! :)
  • vox23
    Options
    Officially less than half to go!!! I feel like I want to change my ticker now to what's left! Only 15 lbs to go now until my next mini goal!

NSV the other day - a student at one of my card making classes made a comment as soon as she saw me how fantastic I looked after not seeing me for some time. I LOVE running into peeps I haven't seen for a while. Such an ego boost!
  • LilyBugsMommy
    LilyBugsMommy Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your successful year!
  • MsFitnFabulous
    MsFitnFabulous Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    You look really good. You have done amazing so far, keep it up!!!
  • tornberg1
    tornberg1 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    You are doing such a great job! Can I add you as a friend? I have over a 100 lbs to loose my all time high was 245 and I'm only 5ft3. It just seems like a long journey. You are looking really good!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!