Senior citizens?

Options
Hi, Is there anyone else out there my age that is trying once again to get healthy! It would be nice to know I am not too old for this game! lol OH that would be anyone over 60!

Replies

• loriwaz
    loriwaz Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Oh yes, I am 67 and still working on a healthy body... love to excercise but hate to leave the table. This site really helps when you have to record everything and then it tells you the path you are on in the weight loss area!!! You are not alone.
  • lbarnett300
    Options
    Not over 60 but I am 55 this year. It is never too late to eat healthy and exercise. I have lost 80 pounds since August. Good luck on your journey....
  • dixeybelle
    Options
    Hi. Sue here aged 66 & still trying. Been overweight all my life but ache so much now. Slimming world gives me too much to eat-I like big portions even if they are healthy. I exercise in the water 3 times a week & do gardening when the weather is good.
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Hello there Yes we have a senior group drop in and check us out. A very surported group and do we have fun There is 2 of us over 80 But the rest are in their 50,60,70.'sWe acccept all ages tho.Come on over all You Seniors You will be welcome. We celebrate everone Birthdays. Click on the link below

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/165470-senior-golden-sneakers-february-2011?page=14
  • lorelai63
    lorelai63 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Hi Sue, I am also 66 and still trying to get healthy. I had great success with this program three years ago and then just let it go along with letting my good habits go. I gained most of my loss back. I am trying to just be healthy and feel better about me. Thanks for responding. Its nice to know we are not alone in this never ending battle! Lolly
  • lorelai63
    Options
    Thank you I am going to check that out. Lolly
  • lorelai63
    Options
    Thanks, Wow you have lost a lot of weight. Any tips for me? Lolly
  • retiree10
    retiree10 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I am starting over AGAIN. I have recently joined the WW online website, but I prefer this one. I am 62 and recently retired in Oct. 2010. My goal for the time being is to limit my portion sizes, exercise, and drink more water. I would appreciate any support, ideas, etc to help me reach my goals.:smile:
  • lorelai63
    Options
    Hi, I am actually starting over again also. I joined this site 3 years ago and lost 23 pounds. It took me 3 years to do but I managed to gain it all back. Now I am ready for a new start. When did you start this time. Its been a week for me. LOlly
  • deejae1
    Options
    Hi,

I am 62...soon to be 63. This is my 3rd day and I am enjoying this. I'm trying to be healthier. I know I have to discipline myself. Let's do it together!!!
  • maeadair
    maeadair Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    I am 56, not in my 60's but older than a lot who post on MFP that I have seen... it is different trying to lose after 50 I noticed. We will do this! : -)
  • maeadair
    maeadair Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    I am 56, not in my 60's but older than a lot who post on MFP that I have seen... it is different trying to lose after 50 I noticed. We will do this! : -)
  • utah_angel1971
    Options
    lol just turned 40...lol does that count as a senior? lol i feel like it lol. let me tell you i do physical therapy for a living, i work in an ortho rehab clinic and work with 60+ yr old kids. Let me tell you its never too late. Since working with this age group my idea of "old" has changed considerably. I have had 80 yr old patients who have more drive, energy and lust for life than people half their age. Have one guy who started skiing at 68, is now 80 had a total hip and his goal is to get back on the slopes, lol a 68 yr old who's goal was to get back on the green.....People at this age group are amazing and an inspiration to this oldster :) so keep it up and welcome to a great support system.
  • virruth
    virruth Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Hi. I am 74 and recently had a health scare. So I have been on this website for a month now. I love it. It is helpful to me in tracking my exercise and calories. I am trying to follow the American Heart Association dietary guidelines. I live with my son and two granddaughters and they are encouraging! I make my fat free imitation pizza now on pizza nights! I am losing VERY slowly, but believe perserverence will get me to my goal.