I need help!

Options
Ok so here's the story. I am now 23 years old and this is my past year!
December of 2009, I got engaged. I have no idea what I weighed, but I was not going to focus on losing weight for my wedding. I am who I am and my husband knows this. I did however start toning up. Through the summer of 2010 I stayed right at 173 ( I am 5'3"). Right before the wedding (11-13-10) with all the stress, I lost down to 170 even. After the wedding, I gained all the way up to 191 :( I hit rock bottom. NONE of my clothes fit and I was SUPER unhappy! My new years resolution was to lose weight. Over new years my family went up to my grandpas house and my grandpas gf was very inspirational. She has lost 70 some pounds this past year and was totally understanding and supportive of my goal. I then got my family and new husband on board and we started a family biggest loser competition. I started using MFP regularly and watching calories. Then I had a dr appoointment and was diagnosed with fatty liver disease and told I NEEDED to lose weight. So I continued walking at least 3-4 times a week and I started attending a zumba class at least once a week. I am currently at 178 so I have lost most of the weight I put on after the wedding, but I feel like I am stuck. I am still eating healthy and exercising. But what do I do now? My husband and I would like to start thinking about starting a family (with the clearance of my dr) but I want to be healthy when we do. I don't want to get pregnant and be where I started at the beginning of the year..What can I do to jump start it again since I know that my body is getting used to it? I have an excellent support group, but I think I need some more help!! Any suggestions welcome!

Replies

• BoxingChick
    BoxingChick Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    turn your walks into jogging and walking intervals and each week increase the amount you jog.
  • A_New_Horizon
    A_New_Horizon Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    I would suggest changing up your exercise routine. Do something different. I got stuck like a month ago for a few weeks, so I changed my diet and exercise routine. It worked after 3 very frustrating weeks I started losing again. I have cut all my soda except 1 a day (increased my water intake) and I changed up my workout routine. Instead of just doing level 1 of 30-day shed, I do level 2 twice a week. You are going to hit these moments when it comes to losing weight, just change things up and keep going. I wish you the best of luck. You can do it!!! Don't give up!!!
  • artlizard
    Options
    Like the posters above said, you need to change up your workout routine. Your body will get used to a routine and what worked before suddenly won't.

Try adding another sport, raquetball or basketball. Something that will force your body to move differently.

Keep up the good work and best of luck.
  • Jilli2010
    Options
    I think your goals are reasonable. Your wedding pics are beautiful too. It sounds like you keep doing what you are doing. Watch calories and paying attention to the carbs, protiens, and fats. Maintain the exercise routine for your health. Are you drinking all your water everyday? That makes a difference. Maybe a fitness boot camp to amp up the exercise routine or something you really like doing like the Zumba. Sounds like you are doing great and staying focused to me. Weight loss takes time, so be patient with yourself. You have lots of support it sounds like plus the support on here. Keep up with the excellent work. Jill
  • jessicamichalski
    Options
    Thank you guys so much. Another added note, I do not drink anything but water (I am lactose intolerant :( so I take calcium and get calcium from other sources). I try to drink my full 8+ glasses a day. I eat wheat pastas and breads and I am trying to incorporate a lot of fruits and veggies. I guess my thing, is that I feel like I am going to get stuck at my weight I was before the wedding and never lose..I know it takes time and I fully expect that, but I am terrified!! I want to be healthy and not have to worry about my liver issues. When I have kids, I want to be able to run around with them..I know weight loss takes time, but it just scares me a little I guess.