Thai Food

kfer4
kfer4 Posts: 5 Member
edited September 24 in Food and Nutrition
Hey everyone,

I am going out for Thai food tonight for my best friends birthday. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for what i should pick off the menu.. i know Thai food is typically very high calorie!

I would love any suggestions!

Replies

• Matt_S_1978
    Matt_S_1978 Posts: 150 Member
    Prob can't go wrong with a chicken pad thai. No reason it should be that high in calories. Apart from the nuts and the oil, everything else is proteins and vegetables make up the bulk.
  • I LOOOOOOOVVVVVVEEEEEEEE Thai food. Sorry, I'm no help :)
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    curry sauce shouldn't be too bad if you ask them to go light on the coconut milk. :) I LOVE thai food.
  • kristie874
    kristie874 Posts: 774 Member
    They have a soup that's chicken, broth and vegetables. It's really good! Just don't get the one with coconut milk! It's scrumptious but way high in calories.
  • Matt_S_1978
    Thai Food, whilst sat on the beach watching the sunset in Thailand is the ultimate thai food hahaha
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    dumb_blondes_rock Posts: 1,568 Member
    Why not just make it a cheat meal and eat half of what you normally would want to eat? The portion size is outrageous.....Or anything with lots of steamed veggies and chicken
  • Claudia007
    Claudia007 Posts: 878 Member
    Prob can't go wrong with a chicken pad thai. No reason it should be that high in calories. Apart from the nuts and the oil, everything else is proteins and vegetables make up the bulk.

nooo! pad thai is SUPER high in cals! I know because I LOVE it and haven't had it in forever *tear* You're looking at OVER 400 cals a serving.
  • Matt_S_1978

nooo! pad thai is SUPER high in cals! I know because I LOVE it and haven't had it in forever *tear* You're looking at OVER 400 cals a serving.

400 cals, haha that's not high compared to even some of my home made meals.
  • sandradickie
    sandradickie Posts: 40 Member
    If you like sushi that is one option. I love Thai food and avoid the pad thai or anything with coconut milk. Stick with the vegetables and chicken. Maybe your server would have some suggestions. ENJOY!! I am envious right about now!
  • kristie874
    kristie874 Posts: 774 Member
    Here is a site that might help you gauge the calories:

http://www.dietfacts.com/list.asp?brand=Tasty+Thai

And here's one that has tons of info for many restaurants:

http://www.dwlz.com/restaurants.html
  • Claudia007
    Claudia007 Posts: 878 Member

400 cals, haha that's not high compared to even some of my home made meals.
    WOW! whatcha making? My cal goal is 1200 so I keep my meals at 300, plus snacks.
This discussion has been closed.