Dietary supplements

Options
How do you all feel about weight loss supplements? My sister-in-law took Xyience Xelerate and has lost lots of weight and looks amazing now. She has had great success, but continues to take it. I feel like I need something to get me off the plateau that I'm on and am tempted, but I feel like I need more info and opinions. I get nervous taking stuff like this.

Replies

• ashleyshillig
    ashleyshillig Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    How do you all feel about weight loss supplements? My sister-in-law took Xyience Xelerate and has lost lots of weight and looks amazing now. She has had great success, but continues to take it. I feel like I need something to get me off the plateau that I'm on and am tempted, but I feel like I need more info and opinions. I get nervous taking stuff like this.
  • Lavendersunday
    Lavendersunday Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I think you are justified in being cautious before you consume chemicals on a regular basis.

That may seem harsh...but that is pretty much what many of the diet supplements are.

I would rather take my cues from nature and help my body find balance through natural means.

The body is always seeking balance and although diet supplements may be a short term solution...in the long run In my humble opinion...they are NOT the answer to health and wellness.

Listen to your inner voice...MFP may take a little work on your part...but I believe it is the way to go.

~Namaste :flowerforyou:
  • stschulz
    stschulz Posts: 340
    Options
    I am with Lavender. Listen to your inner voice. I know how hard it is in your job aftwer running all night or day to get the energy to go to the gym. Am there, doing that. But if you reduce your caloric intake and do some, even a little exercise, you will loose weight. Not as fast and easy as myself with all that weight to loose. But you will eventually. If you don't, maybe that's where your body is comfortable. Either way I would do nothing else but diet and exercise.