Fruit tea

Options
I was just wondering if fruit tea would count towards water intake? Oh and also no added sugar squash? Or does it just have to be plain water?

Replies

• alienblonde1
    alienblonde1 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    What is sugar squash?
  • DuKristin
    Options
    I would count the water used in your fruit tea intake, but you'll have to count the tea if it has calories (of course). It's mostly comprised of water. I've been enjoying Crystal Light On The Go in various flavors and since it's all water with only a powdered addition I count it toward my water intake. It has made getting my 8 cups of water drinking much easier!
  • lutzsher
    lutzsher Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    You can count things like herbal tea and crystal light towards your daily quota. Just be careful to read the tea package to ensure it is natural and decaf.
  • mblanch
    mblanch Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    What is sugar squash?

squash is a drink diluted with water. Don't really know how to describe it - maybe it's just an english thing. It flavours the water really (i don't particuarly like drinking lots of water so flavouring it helps)
  • callipygianchronicle
    Options
    What is sugar squash?

2 chiefly Brit. a concentrated liquid made from fruit juice and sugar, which is diluted to make a drink : orange squash.

(I had to look it up.)
  • wenders123
    wenders123 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I was just wondering if fruit tea would count towards water intake? Oh and also no added sugar squash? Or does it just have to be plain water?

She meant "no added sugar squash", which is squash as you describe, but with no added sugar, and therefore low calorie ......

As for the question, I have fruit teas and "no sugar" squash, and count it towards my water consumption. I have read a few threads on here which have advised that it is OK as long as there are no nasties (like caffeine).
  • mblanch
    mblanch Posts: 81 Member
    Options

She meant "no added sugar squash", which is squash as you describe, but with no added sugar, and therefore low calorie ......

As for the question, I have fruit teas and "no sugar" squash, and count it towards my water consumption. I have read a few threads on here which have advised that it is OK as long as there are no nasties (like caffeine).

Brilliant Thank you :)