polar f4 or f6

Options
I've been reading posts about hrm's and then I did some research online and went to a few stores. I think I found a good price. $74 for the f4 and $99 for the f6. Has anyone tried both? Is it worth the extra money to spring for the f6? I know some of you love the f11 but too pricey for me right now.

I do know the big differences... f6 allows you to store more then one day of information and the f6 has less interference then the f4.

But are those differences worth the money? Has anyone with an f4 seen problems with interference?

Thanks so much for helping... I am going to go buy my polar tomorrow, just not sure which one to get yet.

Replies

• donna0003
    donna0003 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I've been reading posts about hrm's and then I did some research online and went to a few stores. I think I found a good price. $74 for the f4 and $99 for the f6. Has anyone tried both? Is it worth the extra money to spring for the f6? I know some of you love the f11 but too pricey for me right now.

I do know the big differences... f6 allows you to store more then one day of information and the f6 has less interference then the f4.

But are those differences worth the money? Has anyone with an f4 seen problems with interference?

Thanks so much for helping... I am going to go buy my polar tomorrow, just not sure which one to get yet.
  • food_junkie
    food_junkie Posts: 434
    Options
    I haven't tried either, but have read on here that the higher the make just means for more bells and whistles, but they all do the same thing = monitor heart rate & count calories. I just purchased a F6 today on ebay for 60 bucks (including shipping!) and I am very excited...I'll tell you how it goes when it arrives next week!!!
  • studentRN
    studentRN Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I've got the F4 right now... the only "interference" to speak of is when I hop on the treadmill, it picks up my HR and displays it on the screen. :laugh: Not really a problem, I kinda like it, then I don't have to keep looking at the watch. It's great if you just want to see what your HR is, how many calories you burn during a workout, and how long your workout is. Once you start "measuring a new workout" your previous cal's burned, etc is replaced.

Pretty basic, I think I want to ex for the F6 just because I want more of the memory fx to store my workout info to look back at in case I don't record it elsewhere.

With that said, I like the F4 otherwise. It functions fine. I don't find the chest strap all that uncomfortable and it doesn't slip during workouts.

Now that I have one though, (a HRM) I think it's a necessity to adequately gauge the intensity of your workouts. I wish I would have bought one sooner.

YMMV. :drinker:
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    It's me who bought the f4 today and as studentRN said, it's about the storage of data. which for me wasn't worth the significant difference in price (and it does sound like you found some great deals! I bought my f4 for $103 after tax but I'm in Canada so I'm not sure the range State-side).
    I also agree that it's SO necessary to have an actual gauge of work outs and I'm REALLY glad I didn't wait to get one.

Best of luck :)
  • ohthatbambi
    ohthatbambi Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    I have the F6. I really like it. I like that I can get weekly data at the end of the week...not necessary, but nice to have.

I got mine on Ebay. I paid 82.00 for it with shipping. It works great and it is PINK! It was 110.00 in the stores here. I got a great bargain. Ebayed it on a Friday and it arrived Monday.