New

Options
I am new and am hoping to lose around 65 pounds in 5 months. do you think this is possible?

Replies

• laneime
    Options
    I am new and am hoping to lose around 65 pounds in 5 months. do you think this is possible?
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    welcome laneime,

wow, that's an ambitious goal. thats 13 lbs a month. While in most cases I'm sure 13 lbs in a month is doable, I'm not sure that kind of weight loss is sustainable over 5 months. Not that it can't be done, just that, for most of us, life gets in the way of very heavy weight loss. To loose that much that fast, while remaining healthy would take a VERY serious commitment. I hope you do it. I really do, but we are here for you weather you make your goal or not!

Just out of curiosity what is in 5 months (you don't have to say if you don't want, I was just curious)?
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,030 Member
    Options
    Welcome laneime,

Boy, I'm not working, I have no kids or other big time drains. I am able to workout 4 or 5 times a week. I mostly cook all my food, it's easier to track, and it's fun. I feel great! But working out is a big commitment of time - unless you have equipment at home or are able to run daily in your neighborhood.

Granted I set myself a long timeline (and I'm ahead of it right now......) but no way I could lose that much that fast! I admire your determination!

Good luck! And welcome. We will all help you as much as we can.

cm
  • Razboo
    Razboo Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Yup, that'll take some dicipline, but could be accomplished. I believe for ladies it is safe to lose up to 3 pounds per week. But, hey - if you don't manage to operate 100% on this, don't be discouraged or give up. Even if you don't precisely meet that goal, just think how much better you'll look and feel after 5 months.
  • cnfaworker
    cnfaworker Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello. I am new as well. I just need to lose about 20 lbs which doesn't sound too bad, but when you understand that I have been trying to lose those same 20 lbs for 30 years it doesn't sound great. :happy: