Wonderful......

Options
It seems I'm going to be losing at a snails pace......sorry, just venting.....I start my kettlebell routine tomorrow......my luck I'll start gaining......lovely.....

Replies

• Fabnover40Kat
    Fabnover40Kat Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Me too girl!! Looks like about a pound a month! UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • usmcpatience
    Options
    First of all, The LESS you have to lose, the longer it is going to take. I need to lose about 40 pounds. I've lost about 11 in 35 days...but I still have a LONGGGGG way to go to hit my goal. You're not really overweight, you just have some vanity pounds to lose. Your body is going to hang onto that a lot stronger than my first twenty! Fear not...It'll happen. It just might not happen as fast you want. My best friend is in this boat right now. She's been doing MFP religiously for a month and has only lost a couple of pounds...but she's only needing to lose ten! You'll get there, kiddo.

Secondly...Don't look at it that way. Don't look at MFP and your healthy eating/exercise as means to lose weight...look at it as means to get HEALTHY. In which case, who cares if it takes three years to lose ten pounds!? You're HEALTHY....This is a lifetime thing.

Good luck, and don't let stuff like this get you down. You're doing great! You and that exercise bike are making some major strides towards a better YOU!
  • JustJudy
    JustJudy Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    It has taken me 13 months to lose 19 pounds. Now that is frustrating. :sad: !
  • JustJudy
    JustJudy Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I have the new Shred it with weights and she recommends a kettle ball but you can do it with dumb bells. Let me know if you see any changes. I think I have changed it up as much as I know how to!!
  • jemmie00
    Options
    Don't worry about what it tells you... if you work out hard, keep your muscles going, and eat clean you might hit your goals faster than you think. Everyone's body is different and these things just kind of guess. I have faith that if you put the effort in, you'll surprise yourself and meet your goals in no time!
  • benitocereno
    benitocereno Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    If you actually started in Jan I'd say you're doing good :). ~1lb a week is bad at all, I know people who would kill for that!

Also remember if you're just now starting to work out that your muscles are going to be retaining a lot of water. Remember that your dream body isn't about WEIGHT loss, it's about fat loss. Hang in there :smile: