How have you been BLESSED today?

leavinglasvegas
leavinglasvegas Posts: 1,495
edited September 24 in Motivation and Support
I have been going through some physical issues. I went through treatment with a doctor who ran out of options for me. I was at a point where I needed to acknowledge that my career may not work out due to my physical condition. I've watched people around me, my age, give up and give in to medicine (VERY strong and addictive medicine) and go on disability. This is not the life for me. I simply refuse to believe that my body is not worth fighting for. I don't care how bad it hurts or how long it takes. I will overcome this, and I don't care what your medical studies say.:noway:

I said no thank you and went searching for a second and third opinion. What I found was a resident clinic with a very cool physical medicine doctor who was excited about my determination and made some recommendations. I agreed, eagerly, to attempt another round of physical therapy with a far more aggressive approach. This seemed difficult because I am unemployed and all I have is Medicaid which limits my options for treatment.:cry: (Which is why, I suppose people wind up giving in to the drugs and disability)

I found a private center that I called hoping they would accept Medicaid and/or allow me to pay slowly. I actually called a few places. What I found has astounded me. The office staff had gone home so the therapist took my call. I explained my situation. He set up an appointment and said someone would call me about the rest. He said they would work it out for me. Today I spoke with the office manager. She said he will treat me at no cost, not to me or to Medicaid. She simply asked me to pay it forward.:smooched:

So today, a HUGE burden was lifted from me life. Not only that, but I feel so incredibly loved! The stress of paying to get well can truly hinder recovery as I have experienced in the past few years. But today I experienced what true healing is about. Its more than 15 minutes and a persription. It is pure LOVE!

Please share your BLESSINGS, so that we can all be reminded that even in the darkest times, good things are not only possible, but inevitable!:heart::heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

Replies

• godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    holly that is awesome! i am excited for you!
  • LettyM62
    LettyM62 Posts: 130 Member
    Oh my gosh! Your story brought tears to my eyes. Someone out there IS watching out for you. I wish you the best and I hope that the therapy helps you heal. It's always nice to read an uplifting story, thanks for posting it.
  • Thanks ladies. I'm still all teary eyed. My heart is so full right now. And I see know, that it NEVER has to be empty!
  • I LOVE this post! Thanks for sharing your blessing! :D
  • bobbi55
    bobbi55 Posts: 15 Member
    i was blessed today by having a wonderful talk with my husband who always listens and cares about what is going on withme.
  • i was blessed today by having a wonderful talk with my husband who always listens and cares about what is going on withme.

That is absolutely wonderful!:love:
  • robbienjill
    robbienjill Posts: 456 Member
    I mended a friendship today. Truly a blessing!
  • AngelsKisses75
    AngelsKisses75 Posts: 595 Member
    Oh my. I agree with the others. This brought tears to my eyes! Oh you are truly blessed! Thank you so much for posting this! :heart:

I feel like this is part of my blessing today! Reading stories like this refreshs my view of humanity all over the world! :drinker: *water glass cheers*

Too bad the account that started this was deactivated. :huh:
This discussion has been closed.