You need MOTIVATION! I will show you MY Motivation!

Options
Hi All! I started my journey about 6 weeks ago and have had astonishing results. I am not really dieting per say as much as watching what I eat. I find its the exercise that has taken everything to a whole new level. Look at what I eat and what kind of exercise I do each day. I have lost a total of 26 My Fitness Pal pounds since joining a month ago and had lost 10 since Jan 1st before I found this site. Feel free to follow me! Lets be each others support! If its working like this for me ~ It can work for you too. I was 286 pounds when I started Jan 1st! TODAY I weigh less than 250! Its incredible what online support, MFP and exercise can do! I have a new lease on life! JOIN ME!

Replies

• katbass
    katbass Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Im really happy for you, but I feel I would be doing you a disservice if I ignored that fact that you are practically starving yourself. You were only over 1000 calories a few times in recent days, and while I dont know your height, I DO know that it is not healthy for anyone to dip too low for too long.
    Perhaps your diary entries arent complete...but you asked us to take a look at them, so I assume you are open to the comments that might follow.

Again...I wish you continued success, but I hope you find a healthier way to lose weight.
  • sabell82
    Options
    I agree, that can be really dangerous to not eat at LEAST 1200. You can still lose a good amount of weight by eating your 1200 calories.

Congratulations on the weight loss but try to eat a little more, it will give your body more energy to workout and burn fat. Plus eating less than 1000 calories a day isn't sustainable. I would hate to see you lose all that weight just to put it back on :(
  • shezza737
    shezza737 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Im really happy for you, but I feel I would be doing you a disservice if I ignored that fact that you are practically starving yourself. You were only over 1000 calories a few times in recent days, and while I dont know your height, I DO know that it is not healthy for anyone to dip too low for too long.
    Perhaps your diary entries arent complete...but you asked us to take a look at them, so I assume you are open to the comments that might follow.

Again...I wish you continued success, but I hope you find a healthier way to lose weight.

I have to say I agree, if your food diary is in fact correct there it is not what I would call good in the slightest. We should never dip to below 1200 calories. Ok, I have been know n to by around 50-100 cals but otherwise I aim as close to1200 calories as I possibly can. Please start to eat more and stop starving youself, the long time effects will not be good.
  • JodyDawkins
    Options
    Great work! Do be careful of starvation mode. That's a scenario in which you don't give your body enough to satisfy your BMR causing it to try desperately to store any and everything it can. If you find yourself getting stuck or feeling lethargic take a look at your calorie intake and BMR and make adjustments.

Keep it up!
  • katbass
    katbass Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I wanted to add that I love your "Its not a diet, its a lifestyle" quote on your profile page, but eating 900, 600, and even 400 calories a day is NOT a healthy lifestyle change. Please...do some research here about eating back your exercise calories, starvation mode, and your BMR. While you have had (what appears to look like) success so far, I am afraid you are ruining your metabolism and causing long-term issues that will only lead to weight loss failure in the future.
  • Celo24
    Celo24 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I wanted to add that I love your "Its not a diet, its a lifestyle" quote on your profile page, but eating 900, 600, and even 400 calories a day is NOT a healthy lifestyle change. Please...do some research here about eating back your exercise calories, starvation mode, and your BMR. While you have had (what appears to look like) success so far, I am afraid you are ruining your metabolism and causing long-term issues that will only lead to weight loss failure in the future.

Got to agree here. Not to rain on your parade but the whole point of MFP is to develop a healthy and sustainable lifestyle. Please be careful and start eating more or you may cause yourself some serious health issues in the future.
  • morningstarluv
    Options
    I looked at your diary & it seems you're skipping so many meals! Maybe research your options a bit to do it in a SAFE & healthy way. That would be a wonderful life time change & you could eat so much more with much healthier choices.
    Good luck
  • rjp3399
    Options
    First of all congratulations,

I hit 44 today and reached a milestone of having lost 50lb since Jan 2nd (only another 90lb to go by December 31st :smile: ), I know from past experience that it is tempting to loose those couple of extra pound by missing a few calories here and there, but trust me it will come back and bite you, also drink more water you seem to be averaging about 4 glasses a day try doubling that, it does help, recently I've found that zig zagging my calorie intake between 1600 and 1200 works wonders and at the same time I am seeing smaller weight losses on the lower calorie days.

There is plenty of advice on this site, my advice is simple find what works best for you and make lifestyle choices rather than short term goal choices, I have 3 golden rules

1) maintain a healthy diet ensuring you take in all the necessary nutrients
    2) Drink plenty of water
    3) Exercise Well

I wish you all the best in your future weight loss