NK(id)OTB

Options
Howdy! New 'round these here parts, but I can already tell that this website/phone app is WAY better than any others I have tried. I'm Tiffany, 24, and got some poundage Im looking to lose. It keeps following me around, and I can't hide from it!!! I have been 150lbs since I was 13. Now granted, that doesnt sound like much compared to many other people, but we are all different and have different goals. I never say that I am fat. I just say that I have some fat that could go away.

I maintain weight quite well. As I mentioned above I have been 150lbs for over 10 years. I had little ups and downs, but mainly I stay at 150. (If anyone else has an issue of not being able to lose weight because they maintain like me and have tips on what they've tried, I'd love to hear it!) I have a bit of a tummy, and some hips & thighs. This is where all my weight goes. I have some love handles (or muffin top) too. I know that its best to set realistic goals, and since I am already kinda small (I'm 5'6 and 150lbs which is considered normal), I know that I could have a rockin' bod if I just tried. I have some back and knee issues to contend with too. My back is a birth defect in a vertebrae, so pretty much the only thing I can do is strengthen the muscles around it, and in my core. I had xrays done last year, and I saw how much fat (from a side view) that I actually had on my stomach. It was shocking to know that I have a skinny-mini hidden inside fat, that really doesnt look like a whole lot if you see me in person. As far as my knees go, I have chondromalacia (runners knee), which is also something that cant really be helped except through strengthening the muscles around it. So if you suffer from knee or back issues, I'd also love some tips on what kinds of exercises you do. My knee doc said no running (my favorite!), lunges (NOT my favorite), squats, or stairs. He basically told me not to do all the things I was doing in my workout before I went to him, and now I am kinda at a loss of what to do to burn big calories. Any questions, comments, or tips are welcome!

Replies

• jay586
    jay586 Posts: 133
    Options
    good luck to you funny post i would try riding a bike less stress on the knees
  • time2move
    time2move Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    And here you had me thinking there was another NKOTB fan here :)

Welcome!
  • kerryannk
    Options
    welcome to the block! i hear ya on the personal goals thing. i'm pretty much the same height/weight as you, and i'm going for 120. you'll find that even if people's goals differ, everyones really supportive and understanding. feel free to follow me!
  • musiccuresall
    Options
    I do the stationary bikes at the gym, its just a little repetitive being pretty much the only cardio I can do.
  • musiccuresall
    Options
    NKOTB was a little before me....I was an N*SYNC and Backstreet Boys kinda tween. But they arent bad! I like so many types of music.

Thanks for the greeting kerryannk! Im thinking 125. But really my goal is to wear a belt. I wear my pants high as to not muffin top, but putting a belt around the biggest part of my tummy is bad! I want to wear my pants lower with a belt!