Bike Race

Options
Hello everyone,
I have my first bike race coming up and Im not sure what method of training will work best. Usually I do endurance ride in excess of 45 miles. This race however, is a short distance but basically a sprint the entire way. I havent really done sprints and tried for the first time and wasn't too happy with my performance. Any tips for building speed/sprinting?

Replies

• badwater508
    Options
    I would go to spinning classes
  • cheangela
    Options
    I'm such a child. I really want to recommend eating more beans for propulsion. But I'm sure that is little to no help.

Our local bike shop has weekly "speed clinics" with super cheap drop-in rates. Another thing to try is some interval training in a controlled environment like a spin class or even in your own home with your bike on a training thingie. Something an Ironman type dude told me was to also do 100 count intervals focusing all of your force out of just one leg. Pump 100 count then switch to the other leg without losing cadence.

Much love and high hopes girly!
  • Ambeerleigh
    Ambeerleigh Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I used to spin a lot when it was too cold to ride outside. I guess I'll be heading back to spin class. (Too bad the bean idea wouldn't work lol)