Water....

Options
So my fiance is taking this nutrition class right now....his professor said in order to lose weight you need to drink 3 liters of water a day....ok so I have done it for 3 days in a row.....nothing no results....Also he found out if your not regular and your eat a ton of fiber but nothing is helping that you need to increase your water because your fiber is clogging you up....water helps release it and i am proof that works.....so keep drinking your water....get 3 liters in a day and if you see results let me hear them....

Replies

• rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    I found when I started drinking a LOT more water, it took about two weeks for my body to get used to it.
  • Heatherhill
    Heatherhill Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have looked into this 'water' theory quite a few times and have always arrived at the same conclusion...science is bunk! :)
    NO one can agree on how much water someone needs really. One thing I do know, drink water when you feel thirsty and you won't go too far wrong. Too much water causes tiny little fronds of tissue called 'villi' in the small intestines to swell and therefore decreases the surface area you have to absorb nutrients, so sure this will make you lose weight. BUT if you aren't absorbing the nutrients you need from the food you are eating then its as if you haven't eaten it and the dreaded 'STARVATION MODE' may kick in. On the flip side, not enough water is equally as bad for different reasons. All I know for sure, is that if I intake about 8 glasses of water, whether it be through foods, or drinks, that I am able to feel both healthy, and satisfied. It must be working, as I've lost 17lbs since I started just under a month ago! Hope that helps. :)