Stress eating

Options
How do you cope with it?

My teenage daughter (16) just had a bad breakup with her boyfriend of 1 year, to comfort her we went to Noodles and Company for lunch :( not a good choice for me. I seem to have more of these days lately than not. HELP

Replies

• bonnienm
    bonnienm Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I'm stress eating right now too. I know I shouldn't but I still do it. I try to eat low fat low cal stuff but know that it still adds up. You might try chewing gum sometimes, it helps me:)
  • i_can
    i_can Posts: 11
    Options
    I too have a huge problem with emotional eating. I am trying to keep my hands busy and do activities not conductive to eating, like playing an instrument, video games, playing with the cat, and cleaning.
  • rlysrh
    rlysrh Posts: 244
    Options
    Exercise really de-stresses you, so maybe next time you're feeling stressed go for a quick 10 minute jog? It might seem like the last thing you want to do but then you'll feel so much better after you're done and maybe then you won't want to eat?
    Edit: or treat yourself to something that isn't food like a long bath or something? (:
  • noltes2
    noltes2 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Cardio boxing class to relieve stress! You get to punch! lol
  • wriglucy
    wriglucy Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    Cardio boxing class to relieve stress! You get to punch! lol

Yes:) Also...sometimes (depends on where you live) I like to go for a walk outside. Get some fresh air, no music, and just clear my head. It kind of helps to be able to think it though and realize that there are problems WAY bigger in the world than what we are facing that day.

Good luck!