How do you burn 3500 calories exercising in one week?

Options

Replies

• gdunn55
    gdunn55 Posts: 363
    Options
    I run and that'll burn close to 900 calories.
    Stairmaster will burn about 800 calories.
    Treadmill will burn about 850 calories.
    Elliptical will burn about 800 calories.

That's my cardio for the week.

That's not counting the strength training I do.
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    Here is mine from last week. I like to mix up my cardio and my favorite machine at the moment is the treadclimber. I have actually been completeing 3 miles in 30 mins on it which is faster then the elliptical for me.

Weekly Goal: 4000
    Mon: 757 calories burned (40 mins treadclimber 30 mins treadmill)
    Tues: 699 calories burned (various cardio machines)
    Wed: 564 calories burned (50 mins with trainer 25 mins treadmill)
    Thur:rest
    Fri: 519 calories burned (20 mins elliptical, 30 mins trainer, 10 mins treadclimber)
    Sat:741 calories burned (45 mins treadclimber 30 mins treadmill)
    Sun:760 calories burned (70 mins treadmill)

Total: 4040
    Left to go: over 40
  • MrsWilliams0213
    MrsWilliams0213 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    When I go to the gym everyday my over all goal is to make sure that I burn at least 1000 calories, so if u do that everytime u exercise or even at least 3-4 days a week it can def b done and quickly
  • outersoul
    Options
    I can burn 400 cals a night easily running on the eliptical and another 200-300 lifting. That adds up over a week's span.
  • kimi233
    kimi233 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Wow, I must be doing something wrong, I'm only burning around 300 calories for 40 minutes of a work out, and I'm working out 6 days a week!! Very impressed with all of you!
  • kilojoule
    Options
    burned 2700 calories today ;-) (5 hours on the bike)
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    I do 45 min or more of hip hop dancing, about 6 days a week. burn about that, little less
  • sdgirl22
    sdgirl22 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Whooaaa... apparently I need to be working out more. My average 30 minutes on the treadmill just got put to SHAME. I can't wait to get off work and hit the gym now. Thanks for the motivation!!
  • kilojoule
    Options
    On days like today (95miles on the bike) burning them is the easy part...eating back enough not to have a huge deficit is what kills me
  • jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Its actually not hard to do if you have the time to put the exercise in. Five days a week I'm at the gym for 2.5 hours. Everyday I do at least 450 cardio calories on the elliptical or treadmill:

Monday - Elliptical, 60 minutes for 800 calories; Treadmill, 45 min for 350 cal; strength training, 30 min for 200 cal
    Tuesday - 450 cardio cals plus 2 45 minute classes: Turbo Kick & Yoga Tone
    Wednesday - 450 cardio cals plus 2 45 minute classes: Tummy Tuck & Butt Lift followed by Total Body Workout
    Thursday - 450 cardio cals plus 2 45 minute classes: Step Aerobics & Super Strength
    Friday - 450 cario cals plus 1 45 minute class: Aerobic Dance. Usually have a personal training session after for 1 hour of circuit training.
    Saturday - At home, DVD's: Jillian Michaels Fat Blast & Metabolism boost & her 30 day shred
    Sunday - rest.

On top of all this I walk my dogs for an hour a day, but they're slow so that usually only burns about 190 calories.

I usually end up close to 10,000 calories per week in exercise. The beauty is that I eat most of those back and I lose weight. When I was super obese I couldn't move and now I just challenge myself more and more. I enjoy it.
  • 1horseygirl1
    1horseygirl1 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Riding my horse turns out to be a great calorie burner. About 500cal per hour and good fun too.
  • jgkimo
    jgkimo Posts: 61
    Options
    Cycling 5 days a week = 4000-6000 cals burned; best cals bang for your time in my opinion & easy on your joints.
  • jenniferstanton
    jenniferstanton Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I'm close to that 3500 mark. My schedule most weeks is:

Monday - body combat (cardio - one hour)
    Tuesday - body pump (weight training/endurance - one hour),
    Wednesday - body combat or treadmill ( run and fast walk) (one hour),
    Thursday - body pump,
    Friday - treadmill (fast walk - 10 minutes then run 15 minutes then fast walk for 35 min),
    Saturday - body pump,
    Sunday - step class (cardio - 45 minutes)

Sometimes I take Monday/Friday off. One of the trainers at gym said you should rest one day.

Hope this helps!
  • runningneo122
    runningneo122 Posts: 6,962 Member
    Options
    Running at a pace of 5 mph or more should yield close to 20 cals per minute depending on your weight. I run every AM for more than an hour at a 6.3 mph pace and I'm burning 1200 per hour. Add in 40 minutes of ISO for 500+ cals 3x a week and I'm just over 11,000 cals burned for the week. I usually don't have any trouble eating them back, either. If I don't eat them back, I stall on the W/L.
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I can burn 500 calories EASILY doing any workout (zumba, treadmill, P90X, going for a long walk, etc) so if did that 7 days a week I'd be at 3500. I'm usually way higher than though.
  • WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    I love do walking and using my HRM I burn 450 calories an hour between 3.5-4 mph just doing that and i usually walk 90-120 minutes..I like using my Wii..ill do wii strength/yoga 2-3 times a week (burns 200 in 45 minutes for that session) and i like to go up and down my stairs because its right there and that can burn me about 600-700 calories an hour. I randomly do jogging in place and thats about 400 cals an hour..depends on the pace. :smile: my schedule can very.
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    5,196 calories burned last week. I use a heart rate monitor to track my calories.

6 Days a week: Zumba - Kinect
    2 Nights a week: Zumba Class
  • dalbers
    Options
    I work from home, next to my desk is my mini home gym area.

Each coffee break I generally do either a 15 minute body weight circuit or 5 rounds on my heavy bag.

I also do one larger, goal focused workout each day. This could be a random P90X, power lifting, running, etc...

I try to do 900 calories a day in exercise. I usually pull that off 5 days a week. I don't even log all of it, but I guess I should...
  • Naeglaria
    Naeglaria Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Swimming is a great work out about 850 calories in 90 minutes (100laps @ 25yd a lap) <3 it.
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,341 Member
    Options
    This is one of those questions with a "DEPENDS" answer. It depends on what each person weighs!!

I weigh about 284lbs and I would only have to run 3.1 miles in about 33 minutes for 4.5 times a week to hit a burn of 3500 cals. Someone that only weighs 102 lbs might have to run what .... 3 maybe 4 *times* as much in single week to match me? So what you need to know is what someone *your size* has to do in a week to hit 3500.