Adjusting to your new calorie intake

Options
How long did it take for your body to accept this new lower amount of calories you were eating was for real and stop being so hungry all the time? My boss said it took her 10 days when she first started counting calories a few years ago.

Replies

• yumcheese
    yumcheese Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    That sounds about right. Anywhere between a week and two weeks. Then it's just easy on some days and still really hard on others. It's a long process, but worth it in the end!
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    The first week is the hardest for sure.....but at any point you can have a hungry day or 2 or 3.
  • BrentGetsFit
    BrentGetsFit Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    It definitely took a few days but I make sure to eat 5 small meals evenly spaced to keep a little food in my stomach all the time. It helped a lot. Hang in there :)
  • kcampbell453
    kcampbell453 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I would agree, at about day 10 your body starts to get used to the fewer calories. I basically cut my calorie intake by at least 1/2. It took a good two weeks to get used to it. But now, I can honestly say that if I eat alot more than my goal I feel really bloated for a couple of days. Stick with it, you're body will thank you for it!!
  • in_it_2_win_it
    Options
    it took me about 3-5 days.. but that's because I wasn't eating small meals just large ones.. and it took me a while to realize I wasn't always hungry when I thought I should be
  • mariapuhl
    mariapuhl Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    It took me about 2 weeks to get used to it.... and even now, every once in a while I'll go through a period where I am just hungry for like a week, even though I'm eating like I usually do... it's weird. But I'm used to it :)
  • kellykat2
    kellykat2 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I'm not hungry at all right now, especially with eating the exercise calories. I'm just afraid I won't lose fast enough if I keep eating it all.
  • hotmooglelove
    Options
    Stop being hungry? Never :frown: Used to being hungry? A few weeks.
  • dalbers
    Options
    Make hunger a friend.

Each time you feel it, think of it as fat leaving your body.

You should never be to hungry or to full in my opinion.