Is there anyone that knows what to eat??

Options
Heyy everyone:) i was wondering if there is anyone on this sight who has already reached their goal, and has got the right eating habit down. I would love advice on what foods are best for a 1200 intake a day meal plan. And stuff that isnt hard to make...simple snacks. Or maybe view my diary and tell me if what i am eating is good? Just let me know:)

Replies

• HawkeyeGuy
    Options
    My plan is relatively simple. I eat one of two breakfasts in the morning (either steel cut oats, with a titch of brown sugar, a few squirts of spray butter and some skim milk, or a healthy breakfast sandwich I make). At lunch I have either a sandwich rounds turkey sandwich with veggies, ff mayo, and dijon, or a big bowl of broth based soup (homemade on the weekend typically for the rest of the week). Dinner ends up being one of 8 or 9 things we love around here: Citrus Crusted salmon w/ couscous and spring salad; extra lean burger on sandwich round with veggies and light lay's chips; grilled chicken w/ an ounce of ff mozzarella, arrabiata sauce over ww spaghetti; lean grilled steak spinach salad with light feta, red onion, tomatoes, bl olives turkey pepperoni with a ff raspberry balsamic; egg beater omelette loaded with veggies and ff cheese w/ ww toast; and the list goes on. That would put you at around 1200 calories...I supplement my meals with an extra turkey sandwich, muscle milk light, etc. to get to around 2000 a day for maintenance, or up to 3000 based on the workout. I've always loved cooking...so it's easy for me. If you want any more help, add and message me.
  • Leannek74
    Leannek74 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I'm almost at my goal and found that the portions are the biggest hurdle... eat what you want but try to keep fruit and veggies at the top (at least half your plate).
    And I stopped drinking pop! I would have one or two DIET sodas per day and when I quit that I had the biggest results! There is lots of research on it but the simple thing for me is that not drinking diet pop made a HUGE difference for me!!
  • 5grn9
    5grn9 Posts: 36
    Options
    What is it with the diet soda?? I actually tried giving it up for a week and noticed nothing different. I have 1-2 diet soda's a day. I've heard that really the only harm is that they are so sweet it makes your body crave other sugars/sweets. That doesn't seem to be a problem for me, just wondering what other people think???
  • HawkeyeGuy
    Options
    It's one of "those things". Is it good for you? Most likely not. Is it really that bad for you? Most likely not. Personally, I enjoy it in moderation, and it doesn't affect me craving sweets either. Some "experts" say it is so unnaturally sweet that your body changes it's desire for levels of sweetness in things. But, if you look hard enough, you'll find an expert who tells you anything!

Most recently they've said it is linked to heart disease. What they don't tell you is the utter lack of control groups or true research. They simply asked 2500 people if they drank at least 1 diet soda a day (did no other evaluations in terms of exercise, past health, etc.), and then looked at them for coronary issues (regardless of severity) several years later. Again, just ask someone else and they'll give you another bit of research.

In short, like anything...diet soda, wine, chocolate...are any really "good" for you? Probably not. But if they keep you sane and moving, and you're succeeding in your quest for fitness...tell the experts what they can do with your empty can of Diet Dew.
    What is it with the diet soda?? I actually tried giving it up for a week and noticed nothing different. I have 1-2 diet soda's a day. I've heard that really the only harm is that they are so sweet it makes your body crave other sugars/sweets. That doesn't seem to be a problem for me, just wondering what other people think???