CBC Television Show: Village on a Diet

Options
Hi All;

Is anyone watching the CBC program, Village on a Diet? It's about a town in northern BC that is trying, collectively, to lose an actual tonne of weight in three months. It's a reality show, but it's Canadian, so it's not over the top or anything. I'm quite liking the way they are follwoing some of the people in the town and how they are struggling to build a healthier lifestyle, one day at a time. I can really relate to some of their stories and ups and downs. Although sometimes I just want to yell at the TV: "Check how many calories that is on MFP before you eat it!"

Replies

• ShellyMacchi
    ShellyMacchi Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    yes, i'm enjoying it too *S* wish i lived there myself so could have been involved...love the way so many people have made new relationships they never had despite having lived there in same town together *L*
  • themyriadthings
    themyriadthings Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    They are sure bringing in a lot of neat resources: the chef, nutritionist, psychologist, personal traininers, special gym equipment, endurance courses, restaurant renovations, it's just amazing! I also like how they are showing the new friendships developing - it's really insprining to see Jamie in particular, smiling and coming out of her shell! I usually watch the show and do some crunches and planks and stuff, while in front of the TV!
  • ShellyMacchi
    ShellyMacchi Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    *LOL* perfect time to exercise!

and yes.. it's cool seeing how folks are relating to each other, and themselves, differently.. sorts reflects what i am feeling about myself *S*
  • themyriadthings
    Options
    Yes, I've found I can really relate to the issues they are facing, like how people are uncomfortable when you change, and how some habits can be so irrational yet so powerful. It's been a good learning opportunity for me :)
  • themyriadthings
    Options
    Really enjoyed tonight's episode - had a lot in it about letting old habits go and celebrating the new ones!