Can you help me eat??

Options
I am working out 2 hours a day for the last 6 weeks. My workouts changed this week I started group power which is a 1 hour weights class. & Zumba. My staple is pilates, yoga bike, elliptical, treadmill. I usually do 2 classes a day which last about 2 hours or machines for the same amount if time . I can't afford a heart rate moniter just yet. I think im eating ok.. But I want to get it better. I am going to cut out the little sweet treats to if needed.
If someone can help me I would be oh so greatful!!!
Be gentle please!! I just need some direction :smile:

Replies

• theidarisafa
    Options
    What works for some people is to eat 5-6 smaller amounts of food each day.

Takes a while to get used to it, but it realy makes your look at the quality of the food that you're eating.

You should try for some protein, carb, and fiber at each meal/snack.

It's hard to get that if you're not watching what you're eating.

If you have to cook/eat with other people, it can be harder, but not impossible. Just have to break up what up on your places into smaller portions.

I've been sick with the flu recently, but before that I was eating every few hours and was hungry every few hours. And my metabolism was up.

Just saying what worked for me.
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    you can work out at the gym until your feet bleed---but you ALSO have to change your eating habits as well. Cut out all the junk--even the sweet treats, increase your lean protein--much more filling.
  • jasonrip
    Options
    One thing I did recently, was exchange candy for a protein bar that taste like candy to me. It's awesome! So instead of eating something bad for me, now I eat something good. The protein makes you feel fuller for longer periods of time and you can take it on the go and it makes a great meal replacement.

Ideally you want something low in sugar and high in protein. Go out and buy 10 different protein bars that look yummy. Try them and see if you like any of them.
  • jparson714
    jparson714 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I looked at your diary from the last few days and I think you need to eat more veggies and fruit. (My issue too) Are you bored with your food? Seemed to be a lot of the same thing. I go to 400caloriesorless.com and use a lot of their recipes. My husband and I have loved all but 2 of the recipes that we've tried. (Probably tried 20-25 at this point) Also, get some yogurt. If you don't like the light ones... took me a while to get used to them... try the Whips! Chocolate Mousse and stick it in the freezer. It's almost like ice cream. I like it frozen or not.
    Hope that helps!
  • Warmbloodwear
    Warmbloodwear Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Yes im so bored of eating the samething!!! Thanks for looking at my diary I just feel stuck :sad: