Gotta Start Somewhere

iamwildarose
iamwildarose Posts: 19 Member
edited September 24 in Introduce Yourself
This is my first real attempt in learning to eat better- not just exercise until I lose something and still eat and drink whatever I want, because that plan is really not working as I am getting older and I REALLY no longer have time to go to the gym. I had two children one year after another (08 & 09), and I was not in ideal body shape to begin with. I have gained 65lbs slowly over the past 5 years, evey year I weighed just a little more. It is time that I find a way to stop this steady increase and some more weight back to whatever place it came from.
I want to be able to take my kids to Sesame Place (kids theme park- mainly water rides- ugh!) this year and not be worried about being in my bathing suit and feeling like I am being judged by everyone. I want to be comfortable with me!

Replies

• kacka68
    kacka68 Posts: 79 Member
    yep - me too. Thought I could eat (and drink) whatever I wanted because I exercised regularly. Well 20kgs later - I can tell you that's not the case. hahahaha. Losing fat (as opposed to losing weight) is all about what you put in your mouth....the exercise bit helps with the toning and building some muscles, but ultimately, it's what goes in your gob! You'll do great on here. There's a lot of support. Make sure you read the "sticky" newby posts, they are very helpful.

Good luck.
This discussion has been closed.