Heart Rate Monitor Watch Help Timex T5G971

Options
Hello,

I just got a Timex T5G971 watch today with the chest strap and tried it out. It only worked if I had the chest strap on. I believe that it may be inaccurate because I did my own work out of Zumba for 45 minutes and it said I burned 550 calories. Zumba is a high intense aerobics workout. If it helps any my heart rate was in between 130-150 most of the time during this workout. I am just not that sure how accurate it was because in between songs I was checking my calories and almost every couple of seconds I checked I was burning 2 calories. I just don't understand how possible that is. Also I was resting and for about 5 minutes while sitting down after working out and I burnt 20 calories. I don't want to get my hopes up and think wow I burned a lot of calories when I don't feel like I did. I just want to hear what you think and any suggestions would be helpful.

Replies

• acknan
    acknan Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ckehoe89
    ckehoe89 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    a heart rate between 130-150 will give you about those results... at least it has for mine and I use a different heart rate monitor. If I run mine goes up and I burn a little faster
  • Corinne_Bruce
    Options
    I burn 500 calories doing Zumba so that sounds about right. Also we are always burning calories even at rest but not at the same rate when you are working out.
  • spacecase76
    spacecase76 Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Zumba advertises average calorie burn to be about 700 / hour, so 550 for 45 minutes seems pretty much right on track with that.