Not my cup of tea...

Options
I heard such great things about Jillian Michaels 30 day Shred. I knew I had it in my exercise DVD collection so I thought I'd give it a shot. I felt like a complete idiot. That is not what I need. I need encouragement...I felt like Jillian EXPECTED me to be able to do what she was doing and when I couldn't, well, I could SWEAR she was laughing at me. Now, I KNOW she wasn't but I had the feeling she was. I don't respond well to that...SO, the 30 Day Shred will go BACK in the entertainment center and MAYBE one day I'll try it again. Until then its me and Leslie Sansone AND Bob Harper...they make me feel like I can do ANYTHING.

Replies

• kanonxbou47
    kanonxbou47 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Huh, I never felt like that... (But I don't have the healthiest attitude, and usually when I'm working out I insult myself for motivation.)

I'm glad you do have exercise DVD's that make you feel like you can do anything! Keep it up!
  • in_it_2_win_it
    Options
    I have the 30 day shred and I have been doing it.. and I agree with you.. but I still gotta do it just to make it seem like I can laugh back at her and go " see I can do this as well" " Look at me, I am doing it"
  • loseit4ever
    loseit4ever Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I recently started the 30 Day Shred and I couldn't do it without stopping at first, but I think her attitude made me want it even more! I'm am very overweight and it only took me a few days to get to a point that I feel I can hang in there. Some days are better than others, though! She's definitely about tough love!
  • susanebere
    susanebere Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    it is killer but I promise it does get a little easier but never fun...and injuries are common. Knees and back...
  • KaylatheChristian
    Options
    I agree with you completely. Leslie Sansone is more the kind of person I want to work out with. She's so positive all the time and I DO NOT like feeling like a failure when I exercise. Jillian just isn't my thing either. It isn't the workout(which is impossible for me to get through). It's the fact that it's not any fun for me and I don't want to do it if it isn't fun!
  • jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Personally I don't care what the trainer is like, I look to myself for motivatio. Jillian, Bob, leslie, my personal trainer at the gym are not with me during the majority of my time. Its up to me to get my butt up and going to the gym every morning, to make healthy food choices. If I am not in control and responsible for what I do then I will fail again.

More important to me is the quality of the workout. The 30 day shred is not bad. I think its good for a fast workout when you don't have time for anything else. She has a fat blas/metabolism boost that I actually find more challenging but its 40 minutes long. For those of you who don't like hearing her, there is an option to play the dvd with just the music, no instruction ftom her.