Mini Goals

Options
I have a lot of weight to lose, 90 lbs to be exact. I've set mini-goals for myself and a reward system.
Is there anyone else out there whose done the same? How are you doing?

Amy

Replies

• in_it_2_win_it
    Options
    I do mini goals.. and I only so far reached 1. I am trying to reach them all sooner then later but it doesn't see to be working. And the rewards I have are to buy new running shoes which I did.. and then get new jeans.. and maybe when I am done loosing all the weight my husband and I will go to Nashville TN. I have wanted to go for a while now.
  • spacecase76
    spacecase76 Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    I had 40 pounds to lose, I have a goal for half way, and the final...but, I haven't figured out my reward yet....lol
  • scd78
    scd78 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I am doing this but I am not setting dates of when I want to lose the weight by. Instead I set benchmarks that I wanted to get to weight-wise. My rewards include a date night with the hubby, new clothes, massage, etc... Good Luck to you!
  • mjf0461
    mjf0461 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I have set goals- dates for mine. Completed the first one and the 2nd one already. Working on the 3rd one at this time. I am working to lose 80lbs myself, so I know where your coming from. I believe goals are important to give you something to work towards without it being to far out of sight or reach. Rewards are simple ones- slice of real pizza- new purse- new shoes- when I hit half way I want to do a weekend away somewhere with my kids... Just simple but pleasureable things that you will appreciate down the line..
  • kmarie01
    Options
    I had around 30 pounds to loose and originally I started out by setting goal dates but when I wouldn't make one I got really discouraged and wanted to give up. This is something that I has caused me to stop trying to loose weight in the past. So I am now going with a rewards system the first 11 pounds my reward was just the weight loss itself but from here on out every five pounds I get a reward. Starting with yoga pants, then a massage, then a new bikini and then finally I will have reached my goal and imagine the way I look will be a reward enough. I've got four more pounds until I get my yoga pants, I can't wait :)
  • amk73
    amk73 Posts: 16
    Options
    Thank you all for your insights. I think I will set the mini goals by weight, reaching them when I get to them.

I got REALLY serious about my weight loss in mid-Decmeber and since then have lost almost 20 lbs. I've achieved my first goal of getting to the weight i was when I had my daughter. My next mini-goal is my pre-pregnancy weight.
    Thus far my first reward (which I still owe myself) is a pedicure, next will be new outfit. After that I have a list of things I want but nto really sure where they'll fit in.

again, thank you all. I'll work on the numbers and rewards and get back to you!