I really want a pop!!

Options
2»

Replies

• mhoch
    mhoch Posts: 50
    Options
    I used to drink soda at least once a day and I always miss the bubbles. I'm pretty much only drinking water these days, no juice, soy milk, or any caffienated beverages. So I drink sparkling water, the lime flavor. It satisfies the soda craving for me, and feels like a break from water, but it is still water!
  • wriglucy
    wriglucy Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    Personally, I think you should just have one. For me, if I am craving something I just have a small portion of what I want because otherwise I keep eating this and that until I eventually eat what I wanted all along. I've come to realize that I eat a lot more calories in the long run if I try to avoid cravings too bad!

I agree. Usually, if you have a craving, you should wait a couple of hours and see if it goes away. If it doesn't, then I don't think it would hurt you to have one. They aren't addictive by having just one :)

Good luck!
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    I denied cravings in the beginning thats why I have little to none now. If you are a known binger then don't do it. If you are able to kill a craving by giving in to it then do what you will. Just be honest with yourself before opening any doors you may wished you have left closed.
  • skingszoo
    skingszoo Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I denied cravings in the beginning thats why I have little to none now. If you are a known binger then don't do it. If you are able to kill a craving by giving in to it then do what you will. Just be honest with yourself before opening any doors you may wished you have left closed.

See this is what I worry about. When I stopped cold turkey I had NO migraines or even wanted one. I don't want my body to think it's an ok thing to have. I think I am more missing the carbonation. I think I will get a sparkling flavored water instead. Thanks!
  • minkakross
    minkakross Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    one can of pop is not the end of your diet plan, just enjoy it for what it is. If you are worried it will become a slippery slop to more pop drinking buy something you don't really like a whole lot so it's not as enjoyable but still takes care of the craving. I think like many others on the boards that denying the craving has the potential to do more harm, especially since you are well past any actual cravings based on addiction you are craving taste and carbination maybe sugar all and all there are worse things to crave.