Frito Lay's Corn Chips

Options
Hi,

I officially joined this site three weeks ago and must say that MFP is Awesome!

I have been steadily losing pounds slowly since January/ 2011. My goal is to lose at least four dress sizes and to be healthy. My motivation was re-inspired ( can I say reinspired?) by a young lady named * "Sarah" . Sarah was experiencing some medical problems and decided to go to the doctor. Her doctor told her that she was obese. She didn't consider herself obese; however, her doctor informed her differently. Now, I am between a size 14 and 16; Sarah is between a size 12 and 14. Well, I started thinking, if she's obese and I'm obviously larger in size, what am I. I was afraid to check my BMI on the online calculators because it might inform me that I'm morbidly obese. However, I do know that I am in dire need to lose weight ( at least fifty to sixty pounds).

I have lost about fifteen pounds since the beginning of the new year. I work out four to five days a week and "Try" to meet my daily 1200 calorie goal. "Try" because last week and this week, I "fell off the wagon" by eatiing Frito Lays Corn Chips. Normally, I don't crave corn chips or (any chips), my cravings were for ice cream or pasta. I decided to offically say "Hello" and introduce myself to the MFP so that I will not feel as though I am "hiding" my current infatuation with corn chips.

I am determined to stick with my healthy living plan/ goal. However, I need some assistance in fighting these cravings, any ideas?

*P.S. (name was changed for privacy)

Replies

• NykoleMazzola
    Options
    good job!
    try original flavor pop chips! they are delicious and much better calorie wise :D
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,022 Member
    Options
    Welcome
    try substituting the corn chips for mini rice cakes or popcorn. This helps me when I want something to munch on that is crunchy. I hope this helps
  • fink21061
    fink21061 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    For Ice Cream cravings I have resorted to skinny cow ice cream. Actually tastes better than regular ice cream. And it has 3 grams of fiber in each one. Something I have trouble getting enough of.
  • Meggie_pooh
    Meggie_pooh Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    try Quaker Quakes Mini Rice Cakes. Sounds weird, I know, but I buy the salt and pepper or ranch flavored and it's like eating chips, but only 110 cals per serving. It has saved me more than a few times. I put the correct serving size in ziploc baggies as soon as i get them home from the store and when i get a craving, i'll just go get a lil baggie from the cabinet.
  • Meggie_pooh
    Meggie_pooh Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    also, the alternative to ice cream for me is sugar free instant pudding and sugar free cool whip. mix it together with a few dribbles of skim milk (enuff to mix the pudding evenly in) then once mixed, put in freezer for at least 2 hours. tastes a lil differently, and texture is a lil different, but when u think of the alternative and the weight gain from the alternative....this works!
  • corey_e
    corey_e Posts: 162
    Options
    It's totally okay to fall off the wagon as long as you keep getting back on. You can't change your way of life in just a few months. You're doing great so far! :flowerforyou:
  • 2blossom
    2blossom Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I will look for them in the store!
  • 2blossom
    Options
    I hop back on the wagon this morning. When I decided to change to a healthy eating plan (I don't want to say diet), I said to myself you didn't get in this condition in in four or five months. Therefore, what make me think that I'm going to loose sixty pounds in five months. One step at a time (in intervals) :smile:

Thanks for the encouragement everyone!
  • 2blossom
    Options
    I love Skinny Cow Van/ Choc ice cream sandwiches. I plan to purchase some Quarker mini rice cakes this weekend.
  • monylove311
    monylove311 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Hi There, I started on Jan. 4th, so I'm new too. Have you tired pork rinds? I know they're not frito chips, BUT they are low carb and great for dips that you normally wouldn't know what to eat with and they give you that satisfying crunch.

Nice to meet you!